SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD

Please post any announcements, events or comments here. ALL boaters welcome!

SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Commodore’s Ball

This message is long overdue but having chaired this years Ball I want to thank everyone on the ball committee and several others that just gave of themselves to make Swan shine and I for one think we did!!!

First and foremost Lady Brenda Watkin thank you for your vision of beauty that you came up with to transform the pavilion into a ballroom it was spectacular to say the least! Liz Breen, Joyce Stoll, Maggie Murzin, Lady Jane Baker, Brenda McNaughton thank you all for making that vision come to life! I applaud you all!! I’d also like to thank my husband P/C Dan Riordan, P/C Peter Watkin, Richard Barron, Claude Ressler, Bill Caines & many others I know I’m missing thank you again for being the muscle needed for the heavy lifting. Sheryl Stiles thank you for all your help with the roster and getting emails updated for the invitations. Lady Sally Curcio you are a true gift with all your help with putting together the programs and the multiple redos all the way up to the event! My sister Mary also lent her help with the corsages which came out beautifully. This was definitely a group effort and everyone that cared enough to contribute even if only for a short time my hat goes off to you all!! Well Done!! Bravo!!

Concerning the push back from a few members about the invitations being by email it was made necessary by factors beyond our control. It was not immediately known whether or not a ball was even going to be possible with all the restrictions due to covid and a mail out invitation seemed not only costly but a drawn out process that we had no time for, and the expense seemed unnecessary and avoidable. My understanding after having spoken to members of other clubs was that they had done the same and was the solution I came up with and was agreed upon. It was not meant to disgrace anyone and to have this thrown at everyone working so hard to show others Swan had just gone through a year of uncertainty and come out of it a bit down but alive and together. The ball being at the club was meant as a celebration of that victory!!