SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD

Please post any announcements, events or comments here. ALL boaters welcome!

SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bylaw violation

I'd like to bring to attention of the membership and more importantly to the Commodore &board of directors. The current plan to put the $100 on the POS system is in violation of the bylaws section 5 states that vouchers will be given to the members to be redeemed at the bar or steak roasts or for closing We are no longer getting vouchers &:This is a violation of the bylaw. I request that the management of Swan Boat Club abides by the bylaws and not to a interpretation everytime we have a change of officers.

PC Eric

Re: Bylaw violation

Eric, unsure what the problem is, members are still getting a voucher only this year it’s not paper but electronic. So it would be considered a debit voucher, you have a $100.00 to spend on the items mentioned in the Bylaws same as before. The only difference is you don’t have a booklet (hard copy) of vouchers. If you look up the definition of voucher it covers many types of various uses of the voucher system, and how it can be used. Putting the voucher on the POS saves printing costs, but also is within the realm of the voucher system (see various definition). I don’t see any violation of the Bylaws, maybe a misconception that vouchers have to be in the from of a printed book.

Re: Bylaw violation

Dan, the bylaws states that vouchers are to be give out with membership cards. Not a electronic credit to your account. This may not be a personal issue to you, but could be for another member. It was not proposed to the membership as E-currency.

PC Eric