General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad news

Got this note today from my classmate of 1952, Clara Ann DeVaughn Richardson:

I'm glad I heard from you. Wanted to tell you Lawrence McKay (my step-brother ) died early this morning. He had surgery for an aorta aneurism in June and had never really recovered from it. His funeral is Saturday in Oneonta, AL. Please pray for his wife. Wanda and their three girls.

Regards.
Clara Ann

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Lawrence was a good guy. We had some laughs and good times at the 45th class reunion. Hadn't seen him since.
Jimmy

Re: Sad news

Sad news alright Jimmy. My family and Bro McKay's family go a long way back. Lawrence's Dad was our preacher for many years and a dear friend to my parents as long as I can remember. Me and another Preacher, friend, visited Bro McKay back when and Lawrence had just put in an application to the B'ham police department for a job. I remember like it was yesterday, him coming into the room we were in and saying, Well the fats in the fire now Dad. He was some more excited. He served many years on the force and retired from there, I think.
Hate to hear of a friend passing, but rejoice in knowing where he is now. MVB ES

Re: Sad news

Really sad to hear the news of another Comer alum passing on. I remember when Lawrence suffered a season ending injury with a broken back. Does anybody remember if it was his junior year or senior year? The 51 year book does show him in uniform but who knows at what time during the season the pictures were taken.

Horace