General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

The Titusville maroon knows Ivy was right (except KC only scored 10 points), he's just got some sort of "idiocracy" to "spring" on us.

Okay, PeeBrain, let fly!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

Jimmy you'd better give yourself a big party. It's the only time I've been on this forum that you've been right. KC did score 10 Points -

But, Cubby got it right. You're such a Nerd it's a wonder your wife will even let you in the house this Christmas...Har! Har!

Cubby,
Right on the Number!!!

I'll let you tell everyone why it wasn't Green Bay and KC and Green Bay and Oakland or Jets and Colts...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

The players

Good Answer, Ivy...Actually, for the first few years the game was called the AFL-NFL Championship game. I believe Cubby's right and they didn't start calling it SUPER BOWL until some advertising executives found a way to make a fortune promoting it...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

but!...The question was...Who won Super Bowls I & II, not who won Championship games???
I want my trip, but I will settle for a trip to Wadley tonight. I need to get underway.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

I guess technically there was no Super Bowls I & II but since it's you I will make special dispensations, award you the Prize, and call my good friend Terrell Owens (T.O.) who still has a home in Philadelphia. You may have to stay with him a few days as part of your "Trip"...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

Izzat "TERrul" or "TuhRELL"?

Mustn't make a mistake about a thing like that! NO WAY!

JuMEE

(Axe me no questions!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

T.O. is an Ole Alex City boy. He would let me in. I would love to sleep on his sofa and feel for loss change.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

Ivy, You are wise beyond your years. Jimmy too (sometimes) but don't tell him I said so or his head will swell up so big that he won't be able to get in the house...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Football Trivia

Surely glad I didn't get a trip to Wadley. Addison cleaned their plow but good. 49 - 7.

Re: Football Trivia

Just correction one point that has been made. There was a Super Bowl I and a Super Bowl II according to SportingNews.com's history of the Super bowl.

I was GB 35- KC 10 1967
II was GB 33-Oak14 1968

Both games have already been discussed and the teams and scores correctly identified but it was stated something to the effect that "technically there was no I and II.

I just had to go look that up.

Horace

Re: Re: Football Trivia

And it was correctly stated that "Technically" there was no Super Bowl I or II.

Thanks for reiterating...

Lamar Hunt only meant his suggested name SUPER BOWL to be a stopgap until a better one could be found. Not having thought of one, the owners named the contest the NFL-AFL World Championship Game. Starting with the third contest in 1969, the name "Super Bowl" became official.

Horace,
I did look that up...But thanks again for proving my point...