VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re Football trivia

Jimmy:
It was compliment, believe me. I know who made the best enchilada that I have ever eaten.

Nope, not me, Jimmy!!! I'm just sitting back and watching!

Re: Re: Re Football trivia

Was it Thurston or Kramer that made the block? I am thinking that Thurston may have been a Tight End.
Jimmy
It was a complaint. Hoarce, ES and I could not run today if it was life or death.

So true Ivy, I can hardly walk without giving out of breath. I do things in shifts, like brush half my teeth, rest, then brush the other half. If you think that ain't too bad, I only have 12 teeth!!
Lathan I understood that trivia was what you remembered that happened back when, not look it up in some high classed book that keeps all the stats of everything. Sounds like cheating to me. Ivy, I believe it was Kramer, but don't worry, someone will look it up and act like they know it all. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re Football trivia

ES,
You've got it all wrong. It's your bosom buddy Jimmy, not me, who relies on Snopes to do his thinking for him - I just use my brain and my mind.
I'm usually right. The only way to prove it, I guess, is to sit down together and ask each other questions without the aid of our computer search engines. I predict I'd be right about 99.9% of the time. The other 1/10th of one percent I'd ask Ivy. Together, we cover the whole spectrum.
Oops! Gotta go to a MENSA Meeting tonight...

Re: Re Football trivia

You were right, Lathan with your answer to my question. It wasn't really a hard one to begin with though. You were also right about the "Panthers" being considered. That name came up in a contest and some guy had owned a team many years earlier, I think it might have been semi pro or amateur, and he claimed the rights to the name. By the way, dropping that "Cougars" thing in was real cleaver. Since that is not mentioned in the Browns history at their official web site while the "Panthers" story is quite prominent. How was the meeting?

Horace

Re: Re: Re Football trivia

Horace,
That ''Cougars'' thing was a nice touch, wasn't it? I give you 100% credit for catching it. You've made it to the top of my list of people to be wary of when exercising repartee.
However, I did know the answer to that. Do you know the answer to the "Taxi Squad" question?

1950, A player from Comer ran a kickoff back 90yds but it was called back because a teammate was off sides. Who were the two players? Jimmy might know. MVB ES

Re: Re Football trivia

Hmmmm! Taxi Squad. In all honesty I don't know the answer but if I may hazard a guess it means that some guys who have not made the team but show promise are put on a list and told to be available on quick notice(maybe a taxi ride away) in case somebody goes down. What the heck am I doing, I don't know.

Horace