General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: BUSTION!

Seems like we used to call Lathan "Punk", I'm not sure about this, we called him so many names back when. The main thing was, he always showed up when we called. The "Maxi" sticks could be used for lighting fire works, then you could be lit on both counts, parden the pun but "Bang and Mary Jane" MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: BUSTION!

The punk stick is still around. Ed always gave them to the customers when they bought fireworks from him not many years ago. It saved a lot of little fingers getting burned with lighters. All my kids and grands used them. Never thought much about the name. Ed said the word PUNK was on the boxes when they shipped them to him. Guess we are not as old as we thought we were...............Trish & ED

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUSTION!

Wish I had thought of getting Uncle Ed to get us aome punk sticks when our grands first started shooting fire works. Our house in Butler is on a small hill and every 4th of July, Christmas, and New Years's Eve, Chipper and Timmy would come in loaded down with the fireworks. The grands always promised to clean up the yard the next day, but it never happened. They would use up every large box of matches I had and can you just imagine the mess I had the next morning from eleven little grands shooting all those fireworks in my yard and down in all my neighbors yards? You know who ended up cleaning up their mess don't you? Oner. The last year we let them shoot them at the house they shot some in the man's carport directly across from the house and he had a fit. Besides a nice car, boat and motorcycle that was parked under it they hit on his house and all in his yard. So they don't get to do that anymore. The older ones would stand in the street and shoot up and down the road. It wasn't just our kids, everyone in Green Acres would be out in the street shooting their fireworks. It would be so cold that me and the babies (at that time) would just stand in the livingroom and watch out the window. For some reason they haven't started shooting fire works here at the camp. I guess because the river would be the perfect spot to shoot them over without making a mess in everyone's yard it is just not as much fun and it could be that the grands have finally started growing up. We had one grandson to marry this year, but you know it was Chipper and Timmy as much as the grands. I guess some "little boys" never want to grow up. Butler and Pennington was a great safe place to grow up in. Sort of like Sylacauga, Mill Village, etc.
Zona

Re: Re: BUSTION!

My wife and I picked up almost 2 five gallon buckets full yesterday...had thoughts of Marylin and also Dairyland.

Re: BUSTION!

Well, sometimes people were called 'punk' or 'a punk' because of the way they acted. Now that probably does not explain why Lathan was called punk, but you know what they say about duck like actions.

Horace

Duck-like is hyphenated...Jackass is optional (see Webster's dictionary under 'Horace')

Well, in YOUR case, it's ALL ONE WORD:

****-head (****hed)n. Obscene. 1. A person regarded as inept or foolish. 2. A person regarded as objectionable or contemptible.

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from American Heritage Talking Dictionary
Copyright © 1997 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
HAR! HAR! HAR!

Jimmy, you need to take out a patent on your HAR, HAR, HARs. It is just not as funny when someone else trys to use them.
Zona

Jimmy,
Your humor always starts out real slow - then tapers off...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUSTION!

Kinda like what happened to your IQ, huh, PeeDiddy?

HAR! HAR! HAR! © 2005 Jimmy Holmes

(Thanks, Zona!)

Re: BUSTION!

I had planned to add another line the DUCK HYPHEN LIKE
note which would have said "thank heaven he's outgrown that" but I forgot to do until I posted it. What do you think Jimmy should I go back and add an appendix to my previous post or just let it go?

Horace

Naah! He'd just have the appendix taken out...I think Horace and Jimmy are co-conspiring? lrl...
HAR! HAR! HAR! (copyrighted by Jimmy 2005)

Well, I'm not sure Dr. Easterling...in my practice, I just take appendices OUT! LOL

Anyway, if it's an attempt to enlighten the PeePerson, ain't no way ANYWAY, José!

Jimmy,
Ever thought about being a comedian? Well, don't...You're about as funny as a One-Legged man in a Submarine, or is it a Screen Door in an Ass-Kicking Contest - Anyway, one of them. You're tapering off again

PeeSquirt, the FUNNIEST thing is that nearly all your "clever repartee" is really:

"Same song, second verse...a little bit louder, and a little bit worse!"

As a "SemiHOLE musician" (Do I have to explain that?), you MIGHT understand what I mean...but CONCENTRATE now...some of the words have TWO SYLLABLES!

WOW! Boys and Girls, listen to Liddle Lathie try to read stuff!

HAR! HAR! HAR! ® JAWALK Enterprises, 2005

Jimmy,
To paraphrase a famous man..."Don't let the door hitcha where the Lord splitcha..."

Maybe you should try writing some Serious stuff once in a while - your comedy just don't quite make it - I mean the words slide right off the paper. Doesn't stick. Put the Quill back in the Goose!
Serious stuff - Good! Comedy - Bad! Stop it! Finis! End! Nay! No! Negatory! 'Nuff...