General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Horace

Oh...add **** --- y'can't say that, either!

Re: Re: Horace

Trying it this way Doo Wop...I could be wrong. Lathan

Re: Re: Re: Horace

My first job at WMLS was in 1956. I worked there for job day (or whatever it was called). Then got a part-time job cataloging 45 records and getting rid of 78's. A few months later I became the secretary. Worked after school & Saturday (my junior and senior year).

Becky

Re: Re: Re: Re: Horace

One of my best friends, Chris Weber, was a DJ at WMLS (if that's the one out near the Talladega Hi-Way). He passed away a couple of years ago. He was one of the most gentle spirits I've ever been around. In the summertime when I was in college we used to go to Wind Creek almost every weekend and dance with the girls at the Pavilion to the song MOCKINGBIRD by Inez Fox. Earl Culver, my best friend ever, and Chuck Roberts would go with us. We had a gang that met there faithfully every weekend.
I last saw Chris at WMLS in 1987 or 1988. I was producing a record on a girl from San Destin, Florida and took her songs by the station. L.R. Ross played some of my records along with her record. Before he played one of my records, L.R. asked me if the songs had any curse words like 'hell' or '****' in the lyrics. I thought that was funny. Chris did a short interview with me and we drank some coffee. Funny how little things like that can seem so trivial then but mean so much now...

Re: Horace

I think working in radio in Sylacauga was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Great people to work with and for, graeat people to teach us, I learned more working at WFEB than at any of the schools I attended or from any other broadcasters for whom I worked for more than 50 years. Mr. George Carr was a giant in my book and I will always be grateful to him for giving me the opportunity to begin the most wonderful career I could have ever expected.

Horace