The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One more I just had to share

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, or friends, I'm just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love to my family and friends, I'm just another cook.

If I work at the soup kitchen, give to the salvation army, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to others, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties, send out hundreds of Christmas cards and sing in the choir but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hold and hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.

Love is kind, even when harried and tired.

Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way, but rejoices they can run and play and laugh.

Love doesn't keep track of hurts of the Christmas past, Love rejoices in the fact that it can love again this year....... and hopefully next year.

Love always gives abundantly - and rejoices in giving to those who can't.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, protects all things and endures all things.

Love never fails....Love never fails....Love never fails....Love never fails.

Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust and fade, Fashions will go out of style,

But giving the gift of love will endure for all generations.

Re: One more I just had to share

Marilyn,
Those are beautiful sentiments. I disagree with one however. My golf clubs better not rust and the only thing that will fade is the golf ball when I hit it...

Re: Re: One more I just had to share

GREAT MARILYN! NEPH, THE SET YOU GAVE ME STILL HAD THE MUD ON THEM FROM MY LAST GAME A YEAR LATER WHEN I BLESSED SOME ONE ELSE WITH THEM.
IF I RULE THE WORLD, IF I OBTAIN RICHES, IF I HEAL THE SICK. IF WITHOUT LOVE, IT IS NOTHING, AND I AM NOTHING. THE VERSE IN THE BIBLE SAYS IT MORE PLAINLY.
ONER AND BRITTNY WENT TO MERIDIAN SHOPPING AND I HAVE THE CAMP TO MYSELF AND I GOT TO THINKING, WHICH IS DANGEROUS, WHEN I BROKE MY ARM, PEOPLE WOULD ASK, DID IT BREAK HALF IN TO? WHAT IN THE CAT HAIR IS HALF IN TO? IT BROKE ALL IN TO! KAREN, YOU OUGHT TO BE ABLE TO FILL US IN ON THIS.
ANOTHER POINT; ONER WHUPPED UP A BATCH OF FRIED APPLE PIES,QUESTION, WHAT IS THE CORRECT NAME FOR THEM?
APPLE TURNOVERS? HIP POCKET PIES? APPLE TARTS?
WE ALWAYS CALLED THEM JUST FRIED APPLE PIES AND THEY DIDN'T LAST LONG AT OUR HOUSE. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: One more I just had to share

ES, I think they may mean is there an upper half and a lower half with the break in between. Some fractures go
up and down and some go across....ya think?

Yea you're right. The name doesn't mean anything, they don't usually last long enough to ask for another one anyway. I think every family called them something different and all of the names you mentioned have been used. Don't worry about it just eat'em...and think about me with a wife that won't let me eat red meat(most of the time) anything fried or white rice. Lordy I'm suffering.

Horace

Right on Marilyn. I agree 100%. Zona