The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup

Jimmy, I sure would like to have your son's home made Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup Recipe. I could cut down on the green chilies if it was too hot for me. I love all mexican recipes. Zona

Re: Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup

Sounds really good...pass it on to me also. If it is Mexican, I love it.

I'll talk with him ASAP, Zona. I love that stuff, too, but my belly just won't take that green stuff.

Jimmy

Re: Re: Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup

Thanks Jimmy. The first mexican dish I ever ate was given to me by our new Pastor's wife. Their last church was located in Texas. She called it a calupa. She heated the corn tortilla (don't really know how to spell all this), but she used canned chili and all the other goodies like shredded cheese, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped lettluce and salsa and jalapenos. Back then the peppers came in a can whole and were packed in oil. There would be black spots of oil in the peppers and they seem to taste better. It was so much fun trying to eat them with out a fork. Then back in 1989 we went to Midland, Tx on a trip with our In-Laws and their sister carried us to Chili's and feed us Fihetias(sp) and they were sooooooooooo good and from there I just eat anything Mexican. I just can't spell worth a flip.
Zona

Re: Re: Re: Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup

Yep, Zona, I like most all of it, including the chalupas you mentioned. I also love fajitas, but you can buy the meat there, too. It's just flank steak. Barbeque it and cut it across the grain and you have fajitas. Cook some frijoles (pinto beans) to go with 'em, and make some 'tater salad and buy a package of flour tortillas to warm up, and you got COMIDA! Yuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup

There use to be a mexican place called El Chico in Meridian where we ate fajitas reguarly and they served frijoles with them that had the pinto beans with chopped fresh tomatoes, jalapenos and onions in them. I had to eat a lot of sour cream with them but man that was good eating. Of course they closed down. It seems like anything that is good they change it.
Zona

Zona and Marilyn, Layno says he just throws all that stuff together --- never has used a recipe and never tried to write down how he does it. Sounds like his grandmother Holmes. She RAREly used a recipe, almost never measured anything, etc. Heck, come to think of it, I do the same thing! LOL

Anyway, I asked him to write it down, and I'm sure he will as soon as he has the time and energy. He works a lot of hours, and is on the road a lot more going from one Home Depot to another all over New Mexico. I'll get it to you, though.

Jimmy