VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recipes

Peanut Butter Balls
1 lb. powdered confectioners sugar
2 cups peanut butter (I like creamy, but you can use crunchy)
1 stick butter
4-5 Tablespoons milk
3/4 stick parafin
1 bag chocolate chips
Mix first 4 ingredients together, roll into small bite sized balls and place on cookie tray into the refrigerator to chill. When chilled, melt parafin and chocolate chips in double boiler. use toothpick to dip chilled balls into the chocolate mixture and let "dry" on cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Store in air tight container or tin.

Bourbon Balls
1 cup chopped walnuts
bourbon whiskey
put walnuts in air tight container and just cover with bourbon. soak for 2 months, checking periodically to make sure there is still plenty of bourbon in container to cover walnuts.
1 lb powdered confectioners sugar
5 Tablespoons butter, melted
7 Tablespoons Bourbon Whiskey
soaked walnuts
chocolate chips
parafin
Mix sugar, butter, nuts and bourbon together. Place in refrigerator overnight to chill mixture. After mixture has chilled, form into small balls. Melt chocolate chips and parafin in double boiler pan. Use toothpick to dip balls into chocolate mixture. Let dry on wax covered cookie sheet. Keep in air tight container (a really good one) and refrigerate. Will keep for several months if you keep them in a really good air tight container in the refrigerator.
*note: Tina said that you don't have to soak the nuts for 2 months. It just makes them more "potent" the longer you soak them. Let me tell you, when she opened her Tupperware container of bourbon balls, the smell about knocked me off my feet!! BUT, they sure were good!

Re: recipes

I ran over a Peanut Butter and I shot a Bourbon but I think they were female...Neph

Re: Re: recipes

That was not even funny Lathan. Zona

Re: Re: Re: recipes

Zona, that was not even Lathan funny!

HAR! HAR! HAR!

Re: Re: Re: Re: recipes

Okay - I really didn't run over a Peanut Butter. I did have a shot of Bourbon. (I'll have to send my posts to my editor in Pennington before I put any more on the forum)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: recipes

LATHAN, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT. SOMETIMES YOUR LITERARY TALENT GOES RIGHT OVER OUR HEADS. JUST KEEP SENDING THE MOXA STICKS, I THINK WE'RE GETTING ADDICTED TO THE SWEET LITTLE AROMAOUS GOODIES.
LOVE UNC AND AUNTIE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: recipes

Yep, that must be what it is with me, too, Lather --- your literary talent is just going right right over my he...WUPS, that must have been it! Wow!

Wups! There it goes again! Wow aGAIN!