The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning

Mornin' y'all...this will be my last day to visit with you for about a week. I plan to be spending some time with the kids in New Jersey, Baltimore and the ones coming here from Florida so I'll be a little out of pocket. Just wanted to wish everybody a Very Merry Christmas.

I read a couple of great stories this morning, one at dailyhome.com a terrific tribute to the late Pat Trammel who QB'ed the Bear's first National Championship at Bama, read it if you get a chance. The other was at clantonadvertiser.com. That was a story of a lady who suffered a massive heart attack while working at the Clanton Wal-Mart. Her life was saved by the quick work of a co-worker and a "Mystery" man whom nobody can identify. The rescue guys took her to a hospital and they say without the CPR done by the mystery man she would not have made it. A search is on by the rescue squad and the manager of the Wal-Mart store to identify and find him in order to express their gratitude for his fine work...it was particulary interesting to me bringing to mind a similar event that took place in Ecuador. A young child was drowning and his mother being distracted was approached by a man she could not identify and told that her son needed her help. She never saw the man again...the child was pulled from the bottom of the swimming pool and revived with no lingering effects. Kinda makes you think about things doesn't it. Well as I said earlier Merry Christmas to all.

Hoarce

Re: Good Morning

Have a great time with the family, Horace. We are planning ours for the 23rd instead of the 25th. Our grand-daughter and great-grandkids live in Ga and will be spending their Christmas there so we are having them over on the 23rd. You do what you have to do when you become grand-parents to grab a few minutes of their time. Anytime we are together, it's a good time. Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Christmas..........Pat and Ed

Re: Re: Good Morning

ADD MY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY MCBS AND A HEALTHY HAPPY NEW YEAR. CAMP GLOSSON WILL BE JUMPING THE 24TH AND 25TH. ALL MY KIDS AND GRANDS WILL BE HERE WITH THEIR BOY FRIENDS AND GIRL FRIENDS. I'LL BE HERE WITH MY ONER TOO. CHIPPER'S WIFE IS BRINGING HER NEW HUMMER FOR US TO CHECK OUT.
TODAY IS OUR 49TH ANNIVERSARY, DON'T SEEM A YEAR OVER 48 BUT I GUESS IT IS. I USUALLY BUY HER A RING BUT THIS YEAR SHE COULDN'T DECIDE BETWEEN TWO AND ENDED UP WITH BOTH. AND HOW WAS YOUR DAY? MVB ES