General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MIRACLE

It is, indeed, a miracle, Becky. I had the same experience about six years ago, and don't need glasses even to read the smallest "medicine bottle" print. I must have had five or six almost TOTALLY useless pairs of glasses before that. And THAT is why I have NO respect for "opticians" --- all those jerks who looked into my eyes all those years SHOULD have seen cataracts there and TOLD me. They didn't --- they wanted the $300 or so bucks for more glasses. ONLY when I became unable to even drive did I go to an ophthalmologist.

Glad Sonny got the miracle, too.

Jimmy

Re: Re: MIRACLE

I never go to an optician.........always an ophthalmologist. Not only do I not trust an optician, but my insurance will pay for the ophthalmologist!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Becky

Re: Re: Re: MIRACLE

I GUESS IT'S ALL IN WHO YOU TRUST AND KNOW, I WAS HAVING TROUBLE GETTING MY RIGHT EYE TO CLEAR UP WHILE DRIVING, SEEMED TO HAVE A SKIM ON IT THAT I COULDN'T RUB OFF. I WENT TO MY OPTICIAN HERE IN BUTLER AND IT ONLY TOOK HIM A FEW MINUTES TO DETERMINE THE PROBLEM AND HE GOT ME AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST IN MERIDIAN AND HE HAD ME IN SURGERY A FEW DAYS LATER. BUT I CAN SEE WHERE JIMMY IS COMING FROM. MY GRAND WAS FITTED WITH CONTACTS WHEN SHE DIDN'T NEED GLASSES AT ALL. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: MIRACLE

E.S., you found an honest person. I am REALLY glad. These slugs here got somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,000 from me over the years, when, according to my ophthalmologist, ANY moron should have been able to see the cataracts. Mine were so bad, I had to sit three feet from the TV to tell what was going on! And driving was just a guessing game as to WHICH of the three cars coming at me was the REAL one! No kidding!

But, thank GOD, there are still honest people in every profession. AND that you found one!

Jimmy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MIRACLE

JIMMY, ALSO ANOTHER MYTH ASSOCIATED WITH CATARACTS IS " THEY HAVE TO BE "RIPE", DEVELOPED BEFORE THEY CAN TAKE THEM OUT. MY DR SAID THIS WAS FALSE, SAID ANY TIME YOU FOUND ONE THAT WAS HINDERING YOUR VISION, IT WAS TIME TO TAKE IT OUT. SOME PEOPLE HAVE GONE NEARLY BLIND WAITING FOR THE CATARACT TO RIPEN. HOPE ALL MY MVBS ARE INFORMED ENOUGH TO NOT FALL FOR THAT LIKE I DID. CROOKS COME IN ALL FORMS AND PROFESSIONS. TAKE CARE MVB ES

Re: MIRACLE

Hey Becky..........where was the surgery performed.