General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What's for supper????

Cornbread's FINALLY in the oven. I just got back from the gym and I could eat a dang water buffalo I'm so hongry! Sure wish they'd started cooking the blackeyes earlier, though. They'd BETTER not be crunchy, or I'm gonna be in a BAD mood...and EVERYBODY knows what THAT means!

I indeed had my blackeyed peas and pork. Also had turnip green and cornbread. My sister in law called it superstition but I call it tradition and I do not intend to change that tradition. Besides that, it is just plain old good eating. I let some Christmas tradition pass by me this year but was not ready to give up New Year's tradition.

Re: Re: What's for supper????

Black Eyed Peas, turnip greens, baked sweet potatoes, pork roast, dressing, cole slaw, cornbread, and Coconut cake. I'm stuffed!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May this be the best one yet.

Becky

Re: Re: Re: What's for supper????

We had all the kids in but the new bride and groom for our afternoon meal. It wasn't the traditional one but we are all stuffed anyway. Hope everyone had a great day with all of those that you love there with you. The ones that were not here with us got their usual phone calls. This mama hen has to keep up with her little chicks. Looking forward to a wonderful year..........Pat and Ed

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's for supper????

BECKY, IF I WASN'T ALREADY MARRIED TO A WONDERFUL COOK AMOUNG OTHER THINGS, I PROMISE, I'D TAKE YOU AWAY FROM SONNY JUST FOR YOUR COOKING, EVEN IF IT CAME DOWN TO MURDER. MY MOUTH IS STILL WATERING FROM READING YOUR POST. I KNOW FIRST HAND KC CAN STIR UP SOME TONGUE SLAPPING VITTLES. AND I HOPE I CAN WRANGLE UP AN INVITE TO SAMPLE YOURS.
A FINE LADY LIKE YOU THAT CAN COOK TOO IS A GIFT FROM HEAVEN. HOPE SONNY KNOWS THAT. BTW, I DIDN'T GAIN 40 POUNDS THIS YEAR FROM ONER FORCE FEEDING ME, MY WOMAN CAN COOK TOO!!
MARILYN, MAMA USED TO TELL US KIDS EVERY BLACK EYED PEA WE ATE, WE WOULD GET A DOLLAR OVER THE NEW YEAR. TALK ABOUT SOME KIDS SHOVELING DOWN PEAS, WE NEARLY BURST. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's for supper????

On the day after New Year's...you have leftovers...they are usually better the second day anyway.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's for supper????

ES, you're welcome anytime. Next time you come to Sylacauga let me know & I'll feed ya'll.

Will ya'll just stop it please...I can't stand it anymore.
I didn't have any of that...my fault, just been gone too dang long.
Horace