The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

In the wise words of Confucious, The Ancient One , "Ah-h-h-h..."

Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Just to help out here, Cubby, since Aristupid ain't gonna even attempt to explain it, an "antithetical climax" would be kinda like Ed "gettin' it on" with Maybelle.

HAR! HAR! HAR!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

What, me and Maybelle. That never happened. Understand Cubby might have liked her. Didn't he buy lots of peanuts at the ballgames. Me, I was a popcorn guy myself, not peanuts...Handsome Ed

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Cubby,
Isn't it good to know that you have someone to point out how ignorant you are by defining words and phrases for you?
Oh, I forgot, you and I went to B.B. Comer... Mrs. Dean, "Where were you when Me and Cubby needed you most?"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

True. By the way, who told ya'll 'bout me and Maybelle...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Cubby, I actually knew you'd understand, but I thought I'd help other, less knowledgeable "people" who just parrot "words, words, words" without much comprehension know what "they" actually SAID.

BTW, I went to B.B. Comer, too, but I was fortunate enough to have Mrs. Hare as my English teacher. Mrs. Pierce/Dean taught eighth-grade civics or something like that back then --- although when it came right down to it, she taught everything she knew about every COUSIN she ever had...which must have been about a THOUSAND! Nice lady, though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

I had Mrs. Hare when I was in the 8th grade...uh, maybe I should re-word that. Hmmmm, let's see, uh, I was a student of Mrs. Hare in the 8th grade. And I'm forever grateful to her for teaching me that a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with. I'll never forget it.

She had us do a writing project once on the contributions of Europeans to the United States. I wrote an article on Joseph Schlitz (at the time I was buying beer from that black guy in Alpine). The class got a good laugh about it, but I made an A on the paper...