General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

True. By the way, who told ya'll 'bout me and Maybelle...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Cubby, I actually knew you'd understand, but I thought I'd help other, less knowledgeable "people" who just parrot "words, words, words" without much comprehension know what "they" actually SAID.

BTW, I went to B.B. Comer, too, but I was fortunate enough to have Mrs. Hare as my English teacher. Mrs. Pierce/Dean taught eighth-grade civics or something like that back then --- although when it came right down to it, she taught everything she knew about every COUSIN she ever had...which must have been about a THOUSAND! Nice lady, though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

I had Mrs. Hare when I was in the 8th grade...uh, maybe I should re-word that. Hmmmm, let's see, uh, I was a student of Mrs. Hare in the 8th grade. And I'm forever grateful to her for teaching me that a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with. I'll never forget it.

She had us do a writing project once on the contributions of Europeans to the United States. I wrote an article on Joseph Schlitz (at the time I was buying beer from that black guy in Alpine). The class got a good laugh about it, but I made an A on the paper...