General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

Glad you like that one, Lathan. Makes me cry every time I read it. The original "rose" liked it, too. When I found out where she was, I sent her a copy of the poem and then we talked for an hour and a half on the phone, laughing and crying, too.

Yeah, that one's special, because it came from 'WAY down deep. Thank you for seeing that.

By the way, my "Avondale" poems will be ready before the July reunion. I'm just gonna call the book "Songs of Avondale." I don't figure I have enough time to try to get somebody else to pay for the publication, so I'll do it, myself. Heck, that's what credit cards are for, right? LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

Looks like you two have kissed and made up, Why ruin a good forum by doing that?
Was Rose a lost love? That's what I got out of it. I've had plenty of those, but the good Lord got me by them and set me on course to my one and only love of my life. I've been reading the poems on the site again and enjoyed them all over again. Seems like we have many poets and story tellers on here. Ole Charlie can string words together with the best of them. KC had a great one on there, so did Cubby, I could really relate to his.
So, don't mind me, just continue on with the mushing each other. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

I didn't say I liked the Ne'er-Do-Well TexaBamian I just said I enjoyed reading his poetry.

Both of you need to go to your nearest Chinese Acupuncturist and get on their Herb Formulas. You would throw your medicines away in less than a month. Your doctors are getting rich. We just got back from Orlando where Kathy is getting better and better every day. You can call our friend and physician Dr. Kinsella and he will tell you horror stories about how sick she really was. Kathy now takes "NO" Western Medicines. She used to take a Medicine Cabinet full of pills every week. I just hate to see you go through what you are going through when you could be doing something about it. That includes Ed also. If this makes you mad - good. If it makes you think - better. If it makes you act - great...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

Negative on the mad part Neph, I know where you're coming from and we're gonna visit when we get able. And I'm gonna do my dangest to bring Ed and Trish along.
My pulmonary Dr hasn't done anything but recommend transplant and seems to have given up on me getting better. Lungs are one organ that doesn't repair itself. Whats done will not get any better by man.
I go to him to try not to get any worse, so far I haven't. Love Unc
ps Both of you are my favorite people, there I've said it ugh! Don't know where Jimmy got his talent but your old unc might have passed some down to you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

The biggest thing I can see with Kathy is that the Chinese Herbs has built up her immune system. Everyone at NASA where she works stays sick all the time but Kathy hasn't had even a cold. Knock on wood. She was so weak at one time that the flu would have killed her...

I was in the Chinese Apothecary (health food store) and was kidding with these old men and asked them when the last time any of them had a cold or flu. They were half-joking but mostly serious and said, "What's a Flu?"...They just don't get sick and live to a ripe old age and all of them claim to be virile Maybe that's why there's more than a Billion of them. It's amazing.

Kathy and I are going to go on a Chinese food diet until our eyes become slanted.

I take my Ginsing Pills, Ginsing Root - drink my Ginsing Tea and eat my Ginsing Candy. I'm going to mail you some Ginsing Root to make tea out of. I'll bet you haven't used your Moxibustion since I left. You may not like the tea, but if you put lemon and sugar in it - it's pretty good. It won't do you no good in a drawer. I'll bet Ed has never used it. I wish Trish would sit on him and Moxibustion him until he screams. Same with Zona sitting on you...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

Doesn't make me mad at all, just makes me wonder why a guy like you, with all those knee and back (?) troubles doesn't just run --- not walk --- to your friendly, neighborhood pin-pusher and be CURED! You knew about all this miraculous stuff BEFORE you had those metal knees put in, right?

I do apologize for the "attitude," but I have to admit that I think that "Oriental medicine" is a total crock.

BUT...I STILL greatly appreciate the concern and the willingness to TRY to help. I really HATE to hurt your feelings, but I'm just not one to lie or beat around the bush in order to "get along." Hope you understand.

One other thing: IF I can locate an accupuncturist here who is REALLY reasonable, I AM going to "give it a shot" for at least a couple of visits, just, as one of my Yankee friends puts it, "For sh*ts and grins" --- and for you. Howzzat?

Regards from your favorite TexaBaman

Jimmy's got a point, but like him I'm game to give anything a shot. Like the lottery, If you don't buy a ticket, etc.
I hope and pray it works for all of us that trys it. Mine will have a prayer or two nailed to it. Unc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

Unc,
I really missed his "POINT"...Neph

First - 2005 was the first year I ever knew that there was an acupuncturist (or Alternative Medicine) in our area or what it entailed. I really was skeptical. I've been going and you don't hear me posting about all the medicines I've had to purchase or the midnight ambulance rides to the hospital with my vitals going through the roof. I'm doing okay (except sometimes I check medicine cabinets for some pain pills - for recreational purposes).

I live with a little Irish Lady who will disagree 100% with you about the "Total Crock" remark. She's had two surgeries and bunch of MRI's, CT Scans and all kinds of blood tests that did absolutely nothing until they finally gave up and said, "there's nothing we can do."
In other words - in a language you may understand (or not) - Symbolically, 'She had run out of insulin and there was no more to be had.' I'm betting you'd do the same when all your options were used up.

Now, thanks to a little Chinese lady who is a licensed Pulmonary Physician and can practice "Western" Medicine if she chooses - my wife is 99.9 percent cured.

You can make all the silly comments you want (I don't really believe anyone is laughing), but when you're paying good monies out to your 'friendly' neighborhood physician and stocking up for your month's supply of medicine, I'll gladly walk, crawl or have somebody drag me to my nearest neighborhood "Pin-Pusher" for what I "Know" is the real deal...

I even understand your skepticism, but Thank God for the non-believers like yourself - somebody has to keep their friendly Physicians in Mercedes and Caddilacs...A true, true story.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

Tell y'what --- I have no desire to get back to the really bald stuff, so I'll just say I had no intention of being insulting, and I thought I had covered that. Maybe we'll just never quite "speak the same language" --- which is okay with me, at least, as long as I can sit in on the "pickin' and grinnin' in July.

Please ask your little Chinese lady if she is aware of any of her colleagues in San Antonio. I'd appreciate a recommendation. Maybe someone can perform a miracle for MY wife. She certainly needs one.

Cheers!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lloyd's

Now it's getting good again.