The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Checkin in from Camp Glosson

The "crud seems to be getting better today. We're not coughing near as much now.
I took a trip down memory lane today and re read all the poems on the site. We have a lot of talent on here.
If only we could get Old Fogey and Cecil to recount their earlyer days, we would have a part of history that we don't have now. 1940 is the earlist I can write about, thats when we came to Sylacauga from Cedertown Ga. where Me, Paul, and Trish were born. Wish some of you old timers would grace us with your stories. MVB ES

Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson

About my earliest memory is in my poem "Walco Grocery Store," E.S. That was about 1937, I THINK, and I was about three years old. We came to Avondale when I was two.

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson

I read it Jimmy, Brought back a flood of memories of when I was about that age in Cedertown. My Daddy carried me to Mark Cornelious Gro. The owner gave me a box of animal cookies. I was about 3 then but I spoke right up, "I've got a little Brother at home". They all got a good laugh over it but I got my Brother Paul a box of cookies. Don't know if he was old enough to eat them or not but I wasn't about to leave him out. We must have had it a little better than you did or good credit, but we had an old T-Model Ford that we traveled in. I have always remembered Daddy having a car, guess he had to as he worked construction and needed a way.
Anybody besides me and Horace watch RFD on Dish network? We're listening right now to some of the best Bluegrass Gospel I've heard in a while. MVB ES