VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blessed Morning

Ed and Trish:

Was sure sorry to read about yours son's accident..and hope that he recovers fully and soon...I remember that my Dad had a fear of "double bit axes" and never owned one while he lived..(At least that I know of.). We had a single bit to cut kindlin' wood..

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blessed Morning

For some reason a single bit cuts better. I've never understood why.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blessed Morning

AUNT TRISH SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT DALES ACCIDENT.JUST CAME IN TO WORK AND SAW IT ON THE FORUM.DIDN'T KNOW
DALE WAS NAMED FOR MR ODELL BUT DO SEE THE RESEMBLANCE
IN ATTITUDE AND STATURE.UNC E S HOPE YOU GET TO FEELIN
BETTERAND GET OVER THAT DANG CRUD.NOT MUCH GOIN ON HERE BUT ENJOY READIN THE STUFF YALL WRITE.HOW BOUT UNCLE PAUL, HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING FROM HIM IN A WHILE. CLARK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blessed Morning

Sorry to disagree, but, in the hands of a REAL woodsman, a well-cared-for double bit axe goes through a tree as sweetly as a machine. I knew a man in Ragland who was a REAL expert.

Me, though, I'm with you, Pete --- I always preferred a single bit axe. In my case, it was just a preference based on a feeling of "control."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blessed Morning

A fellow that I worked with used to work cutting right of ways for surveyers, He said one morning he was sharpening a double bitted axe for the days cutting. He said he had it sharp as a razer and about that time, a 8 point deer ran across right in front of him, He threw the axe as hard as he could at the deer, said he didn't have the foggest notion that he would hit the deer, and he didn't. True, True, True story. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blessed Morning

Oh, LORD...NOW we know where "he" got it from!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blessed Morning

E.S., light two of them moxa sticks and stick one up each nostril and send me a picture.

DOUBLE-DAWG DARE you!

HAR! HAR! HAR!