The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Checking in again

The Lloyds thing before the Mignon reunion sounds good to me. I'll try to make it if I'm not in the "BIg Easy" then working, Heck, I'll make it anyway, I'm gonna be the boss HAHA. Have a good day, MVB ES

Re: Checking in again

Give it a shot, E.S. I REALLY wanna see you and "some others," and I figure if I don't make it this year, my next shot at a "Pick 'n Grin" session will probably feature harp misic. Yuck!

Re: Re: Checking in again

What's a pick and grin session?

Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Came from HEE HAW!!! Roy Clark would say, "I'm a pickin'." and he'd play the banjo...
Buck Owens would say, "...and I'm a Grinnin'." Then he'd play the guitar...
It was a segment of the Country weekly tv Show "HEE HAW"...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Okay, Lathan, I KNOW you know a lot about music...BUT "pick and grin" was born a LONG time before Roy Clark.

Wanna bet? Hell, I won't admit it, even if I'm wrong, but if you're wrong, it'll tickle a Mongolian poot outta me.

Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

You whup on a git-tar and you don't know THAT?

Nah, you're pulling my leg!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Something is screwing my post up

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Jimmy Holmes - is screwing your posts up...

You're right Jimmy about Pickin' and Grinnin', but it was HEE HAW that brought it into modern Lexicon...I'm pretty sure about that. No bets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Agreed.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Pete, I'm gonna try again, My definition of it is when Lathan and whoever else starts playing and singing, I go to grinning. Hope you will join us this summer around the motel pool or at one of the rooms if it rains. MVB ES