General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: John Conlee

Mike, I knew John real well. I don't remember his wife's name but I've met and talked with her many times. She was very tiny. The wives of some of the writers belonged to a parachute club and I do remember that she and Bud Logan's wife (Bud was John's producer) parachuted out of a plane and that was before they started the 'sissy' jumping. Meaning she jumped by herself instead of in 'tandem' like two dogs in heat... John recorded one of my songs.

Re: Re: Re: John Conlee

Well, I am truly glad to hear she parachuted out of a plane. Shoot, I tried it once off the runningboard of a '39 Ford coupe that Freddy Chandler had and dang-near killed myself!

Har! Har! Har!

Re: Re: Re: Re: John Conlee

Actually, I made that distinction because Hot Air Balloons were popular in Nashville and people were parachuting out of them.
People were also jumping from windows of tall buildings - but I think they were just depressed and were not wearing parachutes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Conlee

I met a guy one night in a bar at Panama City Beach and after 4 or 5 margaritas and some beer the guy pestered me into buying a membership into a prostitute club. The next day, after semi-sobering up, I was telling a friend of mine about the club. He didn't believe me so I pulled out my prostitute club membership card.
He said,"Cubby, you idiot, this card doesn't say prostitute club, it say's parachute club!" I said,"Dang, and I bought 50 jumps."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Conlee

Did they have curb service?

I met an old gal on South Concho Street in San Antonio one night with a mattress tied to her back.

HAR! HAR! HAR!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Conlee

Actually, I knew you knew about "base jumpers" and balloon jumpers, but you know me: I had to have the next-to-the-last word!

Re: John Conlee

June Clifton which was Arnold's sister, married Oscar McGrady from Rockford and he had two daughters, Gail and Ann. Ann Married John Conlee.