General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/01/06

Why is it, when you try to do something good for a grand, the others make you out to be meaney scrouge? I'm about ready to be the heavy and not do anything for anybody. Chipper's wife has two Beamers and a Hummer, you might talk her out of one of them. One of the Beamers is a classic, the other is nearly new, the Hummer is new. Lathan is richer than 10ft up a bull's rear, he can get his own Moped. I'm driving a 11 year old conversion van, When it breaks down I;ll be walking. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/01/06

You'll never be walking as long as I'm alive. I'll give you my new Senior Scooter...Neph

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/01/06

Our towncar would not start so we were at the mercy of our boys. That is rough when you have to depend on them. It was the cylinoid so I got it replaced today. We are back riding again. I don't care what it looks like as long as it will get you there. Our towncar is older than your van ES but I love to drivc it. I had not had any trouble with it until I looked at that 03 Ford Windstar. I think I hurt my cars feelings so I'm not going to do that again. I have drove this one almost 3 years and the man was going to give me all of my money back on the van. Ed just would not let me do it... little decisions he will let me make but when it comes to something like that, he is the boss....Trish

Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/01/06

Har! Har! Har! You shoulda done like I did, E.S. Bought one of my boys a beat-up old El Camino. The other got my sister's OLD Oldsmobile. Soon as they could, they both dumped the junk and got THEMSELVES new cars. My dad did pretty much the same for me, except I made MOST of the payments on my '47 Ford coupe --- with the gassaver foxtail and the high-speed mudflaps. Ummmmm, whatta car! Me and Nelly Belly could BOTH sit right behind the wheel.

VaROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM! ("Gutted" muffler!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/01/06

My first car was a 50 ford Dad bought me for $350.00. He paid cash and I was susposed to pay him back but you know how that goes. I burned the first set of tires up laying down recaps I think we called it in less than a month. Anyway, the next set came out of my pocket and I took real good care of them.
I said that to say this, Payback is a B^&%$* and I think I'm getting it in spades now. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/01/06

Ah, well, heck, E.S., you ain't got more'n ten or twelve grands, do you? Oh, yeah, but summa your kids are still in "production," huh?

Hmmmmm! I got'n idea: Check with some of the local car dealers about a "fleet discount"!

HAR! HAR! HAR!

(MAN, even I thought that was funny!)