General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/09/06

You people are up early. Congrats to C'burg Lady Tigers and Sylacauga Lady Aggies. They both start tournment play tonight. Story in Daily Home.

Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/09/06

Hey, E.S. Yeah, I remember those quilts. HEAVY! But warm! After we finally GOT one, our potbelly at Lake Louise was right in front of the fireplace in the livingroom, with the smoke piped into the fireplace. Until then, all we had was the fireplace and a kerosene heater. THAT was miserable!
Pop and I sure cut a lot of wood in that swamp behind the house, though, so heating the house didn't cost a heck of a lot. Never WILL forget trying to get the hang of that crosscut saw. It was hard to remember NOT to "push." For me, at least.
ONE of the things I admire about you, E.S., is that you actually get a lot of stuff DONE! Shoot, it just took me a week of "contemplation" to replace the ballast in a 96-inch fluorescent fixture out under our carport so we can see when we drive up in there at night. Before THAT, it took me THREE MONTHS of rocking and "thankin'" to get a 50-foot pecan tree down that was spreading rotten junk all over my house and garage. Heck, that tree might even have been SIXTY feet! LOL Thing I'm proud of is that I engineered AND performed the whole thing, by just plodding along, one limb at a time.

Yo! 'sgonna be a GOOD day, Y'all! Me and E.S. is still ALIVE!

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/09/06

Thanks Jimmy but you only see the end result not all the thinking, measureing,hashing, picking Oner's brain about a problem, asking the Lord to give me an idea of how to, and time frame. I bought the flooring one bundle a month till I had enough to start the flooring. I ain't poor, but I ain't rich either. I do like you do, in spurts. I may work real good one day, and rest for a week, then start again. Glad you're still kicking. MVB ES

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/09/06

Jimmy, You were saying in a post the other day about being past 70 and into the bonus side. The word says a righteous man can have more years and I consider us righteous as the next person. After I talked to the 90 year old man, I said, why not me? anyway he ws slinging the H-e-l-l-s and D****S around in the convesion. The more I listened, the better I felt about my longgivity(spb)(mispelled badly)
We're gonna take it one day at a time and enjoy every minute and if we go, we still win considering where we're going, agree?
MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/09/06

You got that right. Even as bad as I am, I'm confident about the trip ahead. I sleep like a 315-pound baby, and when they socked the juice to me for my heart cath, I figured, "Well, Holmes, if you wake up after this, you'll probably feel better; if not, you will definitely feel better!"

Seems like a pretty good deal either way, huh?