VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: P.S. Zona

Oner,
I thought it was against the law to dig up dead people until I went to the grave of Beethoven where some Music Archivists were exhuming his remains. They opened his coffin and asked Beethoven what he was doing?
Beethoven said, "I'm Decomposing!"
Almost a true, true story...Neph

Re: Re: Re: Re: P.S. Zona

There is no hope for any of you nuts so I'm just going to over look you.

Zona

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: P.S. Zona

In "some cases," that won't be hard to do, Zona.

Re: Re: Re: P.S. Zona

I've never come across that kind of luck. My daughter-in-law could care less about genealogy and her grandfather carried me to a grave yard that had five generations of her family all laid out in a row and the library had several family trees on them also. I had a second cousin that told me where my great uncle was buried. He said it was across the river from the back of the court house in Ft. Worth, TX. When we went out west with Lois and Clem we came back through TX and finally found the cemetery. Oakwood Cemetery. I already knew that he was killed over the right of way along the railroad. He had a store next to the railroad with living quarters in the back.

I have found a lot of info that I didn't really want to know.

Zona

I know what you mean Zona...some things I really did not need to know. Have a book on Bibb County churches and it has minutes etc....well my great grand father was "churched" (that means thrown out of church) for cursing on the streets in Centerville. It does not say when but at some stage of the game he was allowed to reenter as he appears as having made a motion in a business meeting later.
Has things changed or what??? Can you imagine a church putting someone out for cursing these days? Wonder when these things changed.

Oh, but the out of the line stuff keeps it interesting. We've had outlaws and heard stories about others...one of my great great aunts was evidently quite an interesting lady and had several husbands...I enjoy it all.