General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/14/06

aunt trish you driving a corvette would be the prettiest sight on earth(cept maybe a little beagle pup). maybe we can get our cars together at some sort of reunion this summer. peewee i don't know about emails my kids run the computer at home but i'll check
on that.it's once in a blue moon that i get on the puter at home.i usually only piddle with it at the fire station.i do remember huntinwith lady,dusty and paddlefoot in the pasture at the edges across from where doug brown lived and up toward the silo.chased many a rabbit there with my mike and molly and gypsy.
i haven.t even run any this year,my buddy has already
killed 90 swampers this year so i'm way behind. i prefer to just watch the dogs anyway.runnin on,sorry
will try to shut up now.clark

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/14/06

TipTop, even though I raise Doberman's, I'm a real lover of the beagle. I think it is the best pet for a little boy. They are so smart, clean and lovable. Jody taught me to appreciate beagles when I stayed with he and Lois. Lois and I had to feed them when he was on the second shift. I've been there when he let them run. I also remember Lathan's dogs and I am sure I have a picture of two of them with Lathan. Will give it to you Lathan if you want it. Hey I bet I will look good in that Corvette Stingray...Will have to wait until summmer..........Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/14/06

Trish. I'd like to have a picture of the Beagles and Me to put in the book.
I haven't asked about Dale but have been keeping up on the posts and monitoring his condition. He's tough as nails and will get better every day. Was there much ligament and tendon damage?
Tell him to come down and stay with us. He can sleep on our houseboat. Come to think of it, he can sleep in our condo and I'll sleep on the houseboat. Hud would sure like to see Dale. They're just alike in a lot of ways - Hud used to be 13 years old going on 38 - now he's 38 years old going on 13...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/14/06

Chipper had a dog that was a beagle/collie border mix. It looked like a solid brown beagle. His name was Butch and he hated cats with a passion. He was always hunting rabbits in the pea patches beside our house in Pennington and killing snakes. One time a snake bit him and his head swelled up big time but didn't kill him. He hated to ride and we like to have never got him down to Pennington from Sylacauga.
Zona

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/14/06

Wasn't the dog's name BUTCH? I remember the dog. Cats weren't afraid of him and, according to ES, the dog would ease around and bite the cats on the necks and killing them. ES said the dog killed snakes too.

note:
No Dogs, Snakes or Cats were actually harmed in the posting of this message