General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"This is the day....

the Lord has made! Rejoice and be glad in it."
Sometimes that is a verse that just gets the day in the right perspective....no matter what.
There is a great devotional book that I am reading.
40 Days in God's Presence by Rebecca Barlow Jordan. Many times when I read a devotional book, I don't take it day by day. I'll read several at one time. Not this one. It is so power packed for me I have to sit and think about each one. AND will reread the prior one again before going to the next. The purpose of the book is to get to know better the God of radical love, the God who delights in you, and the God who conquers giants.
Well, that is my sales pitch for the day!
Have a great one.

Re: "This is the day....

...and it was a good pitch, Karen. Thank you for sharing. I'll even use LH's trademark for that one. "A true, true, statement".

Re: Re: "This is the day....

Thanks for the start of a good day and week. I have my little book in the bathroom, seems like I do most of my reading and praying in there. No need to waste a good opportunity. Wonder if I'm the only one with that habit. Glad ES is back, I missed him.(I love my brothers) He is sure an inspiration to all of us. Better stop, he'll wonder what I want..........Trish

Re: Re: Re: "This is the day....

I'm broke Trish..
Karen, Me and Oner were on a praise and worship team at a Full Gospel church back in the 90s, I played the trumpet and Oner was one of the singers, We did that song nearly every service. Most all of our songs were from verses of the bible. So, you see we got a double blessing from being on the team. The other day I was putting down laminated flooring and it wasn't fitting when I cut a piece. Oner would come by and ask, "Have you asked the Holy spirit to help you get it fixed, I'd say, Not yet, but I finally had to ask for help, and got it! I catch myself trying to do things my way and not asking, even tho he's waiting for a call.
We serve a mighty God!
Well, I've said mine for the day, now I'll get off the stump and give some body else a shot. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: "This is the day....

Trish, What better place than while on the throne to call on the throne of God, to pray, confess our sins, ask forgiveness, and receive what you ask for. Ask (believeing)and you shall receive. We serve an awesome God.
Zona