General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WHILE THE SOUTH SLEPT

Just when is enough, enough? They can have Miss Black America beauty pagents but try to have Miss White America pagents. They can have Black colleges, Black Coaches clubs, Black anything and it is never questioned. But anything white is discreminating the poor unfortante souls that were done dirty 100 years ago. Well, we're being made to suffer for something that we had no part in except being white. I'm saying enough is enough!! but what can we do about it? Nothing, because our leaders, both democrat and republican don't want to lose that almighty vote. That's my opinion, What's yours? MVB ES

Re: WHILE THE SOUTH SLEPT

****, it's been a LONG time since I sang "Alabammy Bound" with the Sylacauga Civic Male Chorus at Sylacauga High School in "blackface," hasn't it?

I'm beginning to think we'd all have been better off if we'd just "died and went to Heaven, in Sylacauga, when [we were] young"!

(Go read that poem again, in "Poems, Prayers, and Promises." It'll TALK to you!)

Re: Re: WHILE THE SOUTH SLEPT

Like the bumper sticker said,
"If I'd known they were going to be this much trouble, I woulda picked the cotton myself!"