The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

Morning Karen, It's after 12 so I can check in for the 24th. Oner whupped up a enchilada casserole and green salad for supper and I ate so much I can almost talk mexican. I know, I know, I talk a lot about food but living the sheltered life that I do, don't give much else to talk about. My first Grand Daughter is getting married next month at the Beach Club in Fort Morgan. My oldest Grandson is already married so I will have two married grands.
We went back to the Dr today and loaded up on more meds, can't seem to shake this bug.
When I was young I only had two medicines I took, Pepto bismo for the inside and Blistosol for the outside. Sometimes I took Hadacal for a buzz. Now they have all kinds of remedies but very few that work. Remember when kerosene was good for any kind of cut and kerosene soaked suger was good for any cold? Mama had a polace (sp) for any kind of sprain or "Catch" in the back. Vinager also was a cure all along with that yellow salve called "Sulfer Drug", it would draw a risen or boil to a head in no time. A lard soaked head covered with a flour sack would kill lice over night. I broke my arm swinging from a china berry tree when I was a kid and Mama set it, made spints out of thick cardboard and wrapped it up. About 4 or 5 weeks it was healed up. When I broke my arm a few months ago, I thought I would never get through going back to the Dr. My Mama was a praying woman and I credit prayer along with the home remidies for my healing back then.
That's why they call them "The good ole days". Hope y'all have a blessed and prosperous day. MVB ES

Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

Morning ES and all,
It's 5:30am and looks like the rain is out of here at least until late tonight. ES, we had potato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches last night. We do use canned potato soup most of the time but if you use half and half and milk....mmmmm mmmmm. Then sprinkle a little pepper on top adding shredded cheese....mmmmm mmmm mmmmm. Not good at all for cholesterol but mighty fine for the taste buds.
Glad it is Friday. Ready to hug my house for a couple of days. I realize there will be a time that I might wish for somewhere to go on a daily basis but right now, I do enjoy being at home.
Y'all have a great Friday.

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

Morning all. A busy one a head of us, but we love it. BBC plays their first baseball game today at home...SHS plays their second one in C'burg today. They are 1-0. Read their write up in the Daily Home. So gald to see Mike back with the program. I wish him the best until he plays BBC.

Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

ES..you really need to get a spell checker..it's not a CATCH in the back..it's a KETCH in the back. You know even the expensive stuff is just a crap shoot...and if you listen to the ads on TV it really is a CURE you or KILL you situation as far as the drug makers are concerned. I love the one for Avodart a medication for enlarged prostates...they don't say but imply that sexual performance may be adversly affected...well as the kids say...DUHHHH..what if you don't take it....the result is the same....it's like the guy said the other day..he went on a cruise and took some sea sicknes pills...the warning said one of the side effects could be nausea...go figure.. Yall have a good one. Oh I got a bird story...I'll share in another post.

Horace

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

Horace, I take avadart and can't tell the difference, course it hasn't made a difference in a long time.
Karen, you can't beat that tater soup. We've had it for supper a few times too.
We leave for the coast this evening and will stay at least a week. Somebody's got to do it, might as well be me. If the laptop is working I'll check in, if not I'll call Trish to keep me posted on what is going on.
Horace, my bald spot has grown over in the back and I have more hair than ever. Maybe there's still hope about the other. HA MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

I took my pet Aardvark for a drive and a cop pulled me over and told me that I should take that "thing" to the Zoo.
I told him I would but first we were going to a Baseball game and a movie.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

I went to the Dr. yesterday and as the doctor held the stethoscope to my chest, I said, "How do I stand, doc?" He said, "That's got me puzzled too!" He then said, "Cubby, you're going to live to be 64, for sure." I said, "Heck, doc, I AM 64." He said, "See, I told you so..."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

Got to where every time I go to see my doctor, he walks into the treatment room looking down at a chart, then looks up at me with a startled look on his face, and says something like: "Well, I'll be ****ed!"

Whatchoo reckon's wrong with that guy?

Kinda reminds me, I'm gonna go see two lady doctors week after next. One is probably gonna stick me with pins and needles, and I'm always hoping the other one will break out a little whip and maybe some feathers and stuff. MMMmmmmmmm...The beautiful Tina is SOMETHING!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

Lathan went to a Dr to get his prostrate massaged, the cost was 50 dollars. When he got home he told Katy "Shoot, you can massage my prostrate for nothing, I saw how he done it" He got all bent over and told her to put one hand on his right hip, then put the other hand on his left hip. She did, and he said start massageing, She said I can't, both hands are on your hips. He said that #$*&^ did!!! Reckin what he ment? Unc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 02/24/06

I had avocado farts once.

You ever had avocado farts?

I did once Jimmy, turned out to be lemon.