The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Robins

You all know that the Robin's main diet is worms..lots and lots of big fat ones, tiny little skinny ones whatever is available right. Yesterday I happened to look out the window and my trees were full of Robins. Even that was strange because they don't spend much time in trees, there just aren't any worms up there. But there must have been a hundred or more. They were parking in the oaks, maples, pines and poplar and dive bombing my great big holly tree that was at time covered with bright red berries. I watched in amazement for a while and then went to do something else. When I came back and hour or so later there was not a robin in sight nor was there a holly berry left on the tree. It was really strange. It was like they got off a freedom bus and invaded a cafe. I've seen them pick around at bird seed once in a while but I've never seen robins act like that before. Spring is soon gonna be here though in all it's glory..it was 30 here when we went for a walk this morning and I could see the Johnquills popping up all over the community. No crocuses yet though, that's a little different..

Horace

Re: Robins

Must be spring here, too, Horace. Kym's lemon tree's been blooming since December.

Re: Re: Robins

Great day in Sylacauga today.Glad to see the sunshine instead of the rain.Got moved to station 1 to drive.Good thing about here is they have a computer.Hope everyone has a good evening.
DD

Re: Re: Re: Robins

just like you,beautiful day but couldn't get off to
go fishin,should've called in sick.hate to waste a perfectly good sick day when you don't feel good. had 6 runs so far today mostly medical and wrecks.one little kitchen fire.maybe it will slow down tonight.
haven't read any of this yet so checkin out to read what's goin on.see ya clark