General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: G' Morning

Good Morning, just having a little early morning time to myself, could not sleep because of sinus problems. It is the first of March, where did February go????? Seems like the months are going so much faster now. Ed got a good report at the Neurologist yesterday, see you in 8 months. I am looking forward to the sunshine again today. It was simply beautiful yesterday. Hoping for a repeat..Trish

Re: Re: G' Morning

Morning!! Sometimes this puter decides to work, other times it won't. We're building the deck back on the pool where Katrina demolished it. There will be 5 Glosson's working on it,6 counting me.
Chuck, you have made a life long friend. I never dreamed that was what you were sending. Anything you want, just holler. It's turning into a great day for somebody to work and me to watch, I better get at it!! MVB ES

Hey, Y'all. Already 63 here, officially, although I think it was warmer than THAT last night. I awakened at midnight and turned the dang AC on. Slept a HECK of a lot better after that.

Hope all of you have a terrific day. I know I will...I'm starting to get a handle on the blood sugar, and I've been going to the Flatness Center and just TRYING to ignore the back pain. Believe it or not, it's just not as bad as it was. Maybe exercise is all I really need.

E.S.,

You are very welcome. I think of you as a "lifelong friend" already, even though I've not known you all my life... YET! Hope you get pleasure from Gunsmoke!

Take care,
Chuck

Chuck, You wouldn't beleive the number of times E.S. calls me to see what Matt looks like or come see what Miss Kitty looked like when she was young. I just go to bed and read and leave him and Gunsmoke together.
Zona

Speaking of Gunsmoke...I guess you all heard the Chester aka Dennis Weaver died earlier this week, a well as Ol' Barn...Don Knotts.
Both of those guys gave us a lot of chuckles.

Horace

Horace, they say it goes in threes. Well, one of my favorite actors passed also. Darrin McGavin who played Kolshak on The Night Stalker. That was a big cult hit in the 70s and they are showing re-runs of it every now and then.

Respeaking of Gunsmoke, one of my favorite "takeoffs" on the show was this:

"Mr. Dillon! Mr. Dillon! There's a feller in the alley with a'arrer through his neck!"

"Which side, Chester?"

"BOTH sides, Mr. Dillon!"

HAR! HAR! HAR!

Yessir, we're all gonna miss 'em. Sad.

You know my wife told me about Darien McGavin the other day and I had Gavin McCloud in my mind until you mentioned Night Stalker Lathan. He was a great actor. I also love him the Christmas movie from Gene Shepard...'A Christmas Story' he was perfect for that part.

Horace

Isn't it wonderful that we have reruns, this way they will live on forever...........Trish