The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quarry Reunion

It's time to start talking about the Quarry Reunion again. Our last one was held at the Quarry Baptist Church in 2004. Everyone enjoyed it just the way it was so it's going to be a repeat, except it will be held on October 21st and will begin around eleven o'clock. Ed and I have a list of people to call but we are sure it want take in everybody so if any of you know someone who went to Quarry School please let them know. It will be a covered dish luncheon again. We had enough food to feed an Army. No one should have gone away hungry. The ladies really did themselves proud. The fellowship hall there is wonderful with plenty of kitchen space and plenty of room for all that want to attend. Casual dress. Please help pass this on, we don't want to leave out anybody. Mable Carlton was a teacher at Quarry and we are hoping she will be coming back. If you know of any of the facility members that might be interested, please feel free to invite and let them know. Thanks everybody for your help. As always when we get to needing help, we come to you.....Pat and Ed Cleveland Oh yes, ES - your suite will be ready at our house.

Re: Quarry Reunion

How is Mrs. Carlton's health? I heard she was not doing well.

Re: Re: Quarry Reunion

I''m not sure Jimmy. I will ask Lola Parker if she has talked to her lately. We saw Betty Lackey at our 50th reunion and she mentioned her but said nothing about her being ill. She is one of the sweetest and prettiest teachers that ever set foot in Comer school. Mr Carlton lucked up when he married her. I believe their daughter is married to Bobby Clifton's son. That's about all I know about them. Did you go to the Quarry School? I have always thought that you, like I only went to Comer (MVB's). Ed went to the Quarry through the eighth grade then came over to Comer. I'm sure glad he did, he might not ever noticed me if he had gone to Sylacauga. We had a great time last year, hope it will be even better this year.....Pat

Re: Re: Re: Quarry Reunion

The name of the church is Marble City Baptist Church. I think I have called it everything but that. Lola said Marble City Baptist Church is correct. Thanks...Got to keep those facts straight....Pat

Re: Re: Re: Quarry Reunion

I was in rehab with Mr. Carlton until 6/23/06. She was there with him each time and was doing fine. He, like me, has a way to go to get back to 100%,but he is working hard and wants to regain his health badly. They are in the book and she will be gald to hear from you. Please tell them hello for me.
Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Quarry Reunion

Pat I didn't go to Quary school. Went to Sylavon 1st and 2nd grades. My brother went to Sylacauga high for the seventh grade and I moved to Comer, where all my friends from Mignon Baptist went. We lived at Dairy Land when I was born. The Carltons had a niece that came to live with them named Liz. Wondering what came of her?