General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: War Eagles!!

Alabama won 41-7 but that Louisiana team wasn't LSU. Trish, LSU is that good and so is Auburn. Things were hot in Tooberville today...that was the toughest football game I've seen in a long time. As ol' Don Brough, the Redskins offensive line coach would say, there was some real slobber knocking out there on the plains this Saturday afternoon.

HOrace

War Eagle!

Yep, THAT was a great football game!

Re: War Eagle!

I will have to say that it really was the best game of the day. It came down to the last two seconds...can't ask for one better than that. I'm true blue Auburn. My love is UAB because when Coker played for UAB they were so wonderful to Ed and myself, treated us like family. At one of the home games, it was so cold that the equipment manager went back to the field house and brought Ed a blanket up into the stands. They really watched out for us. After the game we would wait for Coker, the coaches would come out and make a point to talk to Ed. He was invited into the locker room on numerous occasions. We'll always have a soft spot for UAB. Coker made some very good friends and are still close to them today. They are struggling but I believe one of these days, they are going to get it together. War Eagles, Go Blazers and Roll Tide....I love em all and in that order......Trish

Re: Re: War Eagle!

Me too Trish, I'm a fan, not a fanatic. More things in live are far more important than who won a ballgame. I used to pout for a week when Ala lost, not it hurts just about two seconds.
Another thing that sticks in my craw is if a player becomes a star, some knothead reports him for NCAA violations or taking money from a booster, Heck!! Ala, Auburn, Uab, West Ala, even slippererock players are compensated for their services if you are a mind to dig far enough! I'm not talking through my hat either, I have it on first name basis. And I say more power to them! If a coach can earn millions on their talent, I think they should get a piece of the perverbial(sp) pie too!! What do you think?? MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

I think you'r right, and you only missed proverbial by one letter, too. LOL
Heck, you could be a spelling teacher! If you decide to go back to work, go out to Los Lunas, New Mexico to teach spelling. My FIRST-grade granddaughter had the word "appreciate" on her spelling test the other day.
where do they GET teachers like that? YUCK!

Re: Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

He didn't mis it by one letter, I taught him to spell with me in mind..

perverbial

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

I really didn't know how to spell it, so I asked Oner and my daughter and we all plus the dictionary(sp) to get what We settled on. Thanks to both my Guru's. I am the worlds worst s[e;;er. HAR GAR MVB ES
ps, I'm typing in the dark so I won't wake my Grands

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

Now he's gonna have to tutor YOU! If he'd done it with you in mind, it would have been:

"purverbial"

Don'tchoo know NOTHIN'?

LEARN 'im somethin' there, E.S.!

HAR! HAR! HAR!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

Once again, Jimmy is correct........... dang.....

Purverbial

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

The Purverb of the starving man:

"Do not look a dead 'possum in the mouth --- COOK it!"

(Not good, but quick, anyway! LOL)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

Hey did ya'll see where the SEC office of officials (refs) reviewed all of the calls in the LSU game and ruled that all of them were correct. They held up all the decisions. Sure it doesn't help LSU coach Miles any, but...
Also the PAC 10 official crew for the Oregon / Okla game was suspended for some period of time because of the bad call(s) in that game. Interesting

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

Jimmy, Would this be "The Proverb of the starving man?Proverb being a statement or rule or, heck, what do I know!! MVB ES
ps Yeah Butch, If I was LSU, I would still be questioning that tipped ball call.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: War Eagle!

The call was not a tipped ball......... it was an uncatchable pass... because the ball was deflected .. the rule says that pass interference calls include the fact that the pass is catchable. Auburn deflected the pass...... end of discussion.

Oklahoma on the other hand, got robbed by the officials.

Purv