General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Ivy

Jimmy, I did have one eye open when they mentioned him. BTW Ed said Superman ate spinish and it didn't hurt him at all so it must be alright for us. MVB ES

Re: Ivy

ES, I surely do like to see those "Home Grown" Alabama boys at Auburn. Some defense, huh? I could not fine the write-up but do like your paper. Wonder if they would be interested in a small paper in T'dega? Wasn't there another from you part of the state by the name of Smith a few years ago?

Re: Re: Ivy

Don't remember a Smith Ivy. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Ivy

Zeke Smith, All-American guard at Auburn back in the early fifties. The home town of Butler comes to my mind.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ivy

Zeke was from Union Town, Al.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ivy

Thanks Ted. He was a good one and Auburn has had many of them over the years.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ivy

There was a Freddie Smith from Athens, AL during the early 80's. He was a running back at first and wound up as a very good linebacker...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ivy

We've had several from Demoplis and Linden to play for Auburn. Reason I say everyone of the schools cheat is One from Linden hitch hiked to Auburn and a few weeks later came home in a brand new car. I also worked with a fellow who's Bro in law played at Bama, He had 50 tickets to a game and wouldn't give his Bro in law two of them, said he needed to sell them for money he needed. this happens everywhere, I don't care what they say about being honest and clean. I certainly don't blame the players except the ones that squeel on the hand that feeds them. My opinion. MVB ES