View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

Who they playing?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

South Carolina

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

War Eagles!!!!!! Ed

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

A plug for Thursday night football...getting good ratings. You can see some real football even if the teams are small college. Blocking, tackling and hard running. Now that is my kind of football.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

Bro Ivy, You can also see some good football on CSTV on the dish network, mostly small schools where the players are overlooked by the bigger schools by an inch or two and a few pounds but they're trying to prove their as good as the big boys. They play for keeps. MVB BRO ES
ps I like that Bro Butch (no pun intended)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

We don't have the dish but my brother does and he like the sports and the good old westerns.
You must met Butch Carden. Good Bible teacher and one fine Christian Gentleman. He is on the SPD if he has retired. Don't believe he has. We will get him out to the reunion next year. You will like him but you will love his dear wife.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

Ivy, Jimmy, Es, Ed....and all others
I would like to meet all of you some time.
Bro (Brother) Ivy, I am still working at the PD until December 29th which will be my last day on the job, then I will take the month of January as vacation and officially retire Feb 1, '07. Really looking forward to it, but that thought might change later.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

Butch,It will take you about a month to get used to retirement, then you wouldn't trade it for anything.
Sometimes I look at the clock and it has 9:30pm, I say to myself, to the ones going on the graveyard shift, Boys, I feel for you but I just can't reach you.HAHA I haven't missed it at all and have never went back for a visit. This is the life!!! MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

I pray that I am that lucky. I don't expect to look back because i am so anxious to leave and there have been some guys in the past that still come down to the PD and hang around and drink coffee. NOT ME, when i leave i am gone.

It's been a good run, but I am ready for the next chapter.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

That's the way I did it when I retired from teaching. Never looked back. Never went back to the school I was principal at for twenty years. I've got good memories and bad, but I had enough of that and I really enjoy retirement. Just wish I had an extra buck once in a while.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Auburn...Thursday Night

Ain't that the truth Jimmy, about the money part. I seem to have too much month at the end of the money. That's the very reason We're going to the Big Easy next month or the next, My son says all I have to do is see the work is done and I get paid. I think I'm gonna be the straw boss, bottle washer, book keeper and spiritual adviser. Also cheerleader. Heck, I may come back rich! We will get to eat out a lot, that's what Oner likes beter than anything.
Beautiful crisp morning today. I checked on the camp yesterday and found out I miss the old place but I miss the house when I'm down there. Y'all have a good'un. MVB ES