General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pardon me...but---

Ivy, I had forgotten the team Harold played for in the pros. Thought he had actually played for a couple of teams. May have to miss the Comer/Winterboro game this week. Looks like I may have to go to Valdosta, Ga Friday and will probably not be home in time. You have been doing a good job keeping the scores posted every week. Know everyone appreciates that.
MVB Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pardon me...but---

Mike, I used to make balls out of a sock myself, and one out of scraps of cloth like an old shirt. I'd cut it into strips and wrap it up and cover it with black tape. I also made footballs out of the whole sock, it lasted a little longer than the base ball if you didn't punt it. Back then we had to make do with what we had, one time I actually made a football intertube out of a hog bladder, no kidding. It lasted till the skin dried out and busted. The McCain twins had the only football in the mill village during the war. It cost a wholping 12.50 which was a fortune back then but their Daddy must have thought it was worth it. If I got a nickle, I thought I was rich. Appreciate your putting the MVB with your name. We're the only two so far. Maybe more will join in. MVB ES