General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: WHEW!!!!

I think that it was obvious that there is work to be done, too close last night. I really liked the decision for the on side kick off. I think that made a big difference, like a 14 point spread. It was a great game down to the wire....Trish & Ed

Re: Re: Re: WHEW!!!!

Thanks for your opinion, pro or con. thats what makes this a great nation, we can agree to disagree. MVB ES
ps Auburn needed to snatch the quarterback when they got Irons.

Re: WHEW!!!!

Yep sounds like two Alabama ball coaches got outcoached this week....I have to give it to Spurrier he is a great COLLEGE coach...but he couldn't hack it in the pro's...his tenure here in Washington was the greatest disaster since Otto Graham came to town about 30 years ago. Graham always bellyached about Paul Brown not letting him call the plays when he was the Cleveland Browns QB and then he came to coach the Redskins and it was immediately obvious why Brown wouldn't let him have control. Spurrier has taken SC to new heights and deserves all the credit. BUTTTTT, better than the Bear...I think that is a little over the top EA...sorry.

Horace

Re: Re: WHEW!!!!

But...If that onside kick had wound up with a Carolina touchdown, and a possible win...Tuberville would have to have waited two weeks before his fans would have quit hammering him...

Re: Re: Re: WHEW!!!!

They would have hung him at toomans corner Fogey, and Horace, I hate Spurrier and love the Bear, but Thursday night, the devil was the best ever. I'd like to cram that little visor where the sun don't shine. MVB ES
ps Fogey, talk about second guessing, the water boy at Bama could have kicked an extra point. agree?

Re: Re: Re: Re: WHEW!!!!

ES:

So true! and as I stated, Shula made no points with me last week, and a lot of Tuberville fans are having unkind things to say about him today.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHEW!!!!

Like Ed always says, a play is only a great play if it is successful. He use to say he wish he had 30 minutes to decide what play to run in a tight situation like those in the bleachers do. Price of being a coach, right. One time I was walking ahead of a couple of teenage girls that was in Ed's class at school. One of them said she didn't like that Coach Cleveland, the other said be quiet, that is his wife (pointing to me). I just politely turned around and told her sometimes I don't like him either. They both laughed and was off the hook.