The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marilyn's Football Injury

While preparing for the AU vs SC game she received a bad knee injury that has her out of action for at least four weeks. She has requested that you hold all e-mail until she receives an O. K. from the Doctor to play again.
Thanks

Re: Marilyn's Football Injury

What in the world happened????

Re: Re: Marilyn's Football Injury

Karen, she might have tried to kick a field goal. We're still gonna hold her up in prayer. MVB ES

Due to the fact that the game would go way beyond our bed time, a nap seemed in order that afternoon. She has one of those high beds that she loves. The foot slipped off the little stool that helps her into the bed. FLOP...left tibal(sp)plateau fracture. Surgery on Friday. Screws, plate and washers. Move to a transitional care center on Monday. Let me tell you she watched that game and shouted War Eagle when it was the thing to say.
She is doing remarkably well to quote the Doctor.
Keep her in your prayers as she she a long road ahead.

Re: Re: Re: Marilyn's Football Injury

Dang! That's NOT something to look forward to, for sure. God bless you, Marilyn...and you, too, Ivy.

TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE FIX

Re: Marilyn's Football Injury

Ivy tell he she's in our thoughts and prayers. (that's what she gets for all that War Eagle stuff)just kidding, none of us is perfect. We are heading south about 5:30 tomorrow morning. Going to South Carolina and Florida looking at houses and visiting younguns and grandyounguns. See you all in about two weeks.

Horace

Re: Re: Re: Re: Marilyn's Football Injury

Thanks MVB's for all the best wishes and prayers she will be gald to hear them. Thanks Jimmy for the picture and helping me with the (sp). I had a feel that you or Karen one wouldcome to my aid.
She was telling someone just today that she missed a website made up of kids she grew up with.
You all are wonderful.

Ivy,

I can really sympathize with both you and Marilyn..
My wife fell in the yard a couple of years ago and broke three bones in her ankle..The Doc said there were only four bones there that she could have broken in the fall...Lots of screws, bolts, and plates..
She still has some soreness at times but is walking just about as naturally as you and more so than me..The secret is in the therapy...Tell Marilyn to buckle down and do it even though it hurts..I sympathize with you because you are in for a bit more running around and performing household chores that you never realized that Marilyn has been doing for all these years...They are more than worth it though, so suck it up..

Re: Re: Re: Marilyn's Football Injury

Thanks Fogey for that sound advise. I will give Marilyn your message and I'll get it done some way...the house keeping I mean.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Marilyn's Football Injury

We will certainly be remembering you both in our thoughts and prayers... Wish I could be closer to help out physically.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marilyn's Football Injury

Tell Marilyn we are all thinking about her and hoping this will be behind you in no time flat. I have been extremely lucky so far, no bones broken but ES has made up for it. We will be remembering her in our prayers.....Trish and Ed