The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STAYING IN TOUCH

My second daughter, Kathy moved with her husband Lance and son Tyler to La Maddalena,Italy. Lance is a Senior Chief in the Navy. First time she has been this far away. A wonderfull experince for them. Her Mom and I thought them living in Conn. was a long way from home. She told me about "Yahoo Messenger with voice". Got that set up and now we call each other on the computer. Then we decided to try to add cameras. It works great. Sure better than land line phone bill. I'm not smart enough to do this, she helped me do this on a land line. I still have to call Chuck Jones to tell me how to do turn this thing on. Maybe everyone knows about this but I didn't. Sure makes staying in touch with loved ones easier. We just have to remember the time difference, 7 hours between us and them.
Just rambling on taking Karen's lead. This is really a great way to stay in touch and it's absolutly free.

Re: STAYING IN TOUCH

How wonderful Jimmy! We used to use something called PhoneFree several years ago when this concept was a "newbie" with Bobby. Of course, he was always on the leading edge with the new stuff on the computer. He'd call and say...let's try this! I'm so glad that you found out about it and can give you and your daughter much more "visiting" time than would otherwise be there. Amazing, isn't it?

Re: Re: STAYING IN TOUCH

Thanks, Jimmy. I'll check into that. I talk with my New Mexico grandkids fairly often, but haven't seen them in over a year now, as mama and I can't travel together anymore since I quit smoking and she started smoking all the ones I gave up. LOL Anyway, I'll check it out.

Re: Re: Re: STAYING IN TOUCH

Sounds great, so glad you found a better way to keep in touch. It is hard to have your children so far away from you. Lots of luck.....Trish & Ed