General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: The University Of Alabama

Gene Stallings was and still is a good man. He did a great job with the team and his life. Is "good man" an oxymoron? AL does not want to give anyone a fair chance. It would make BEAR roll over in his grave to know how unfairly AL had tried to replace him.

Re: Re: Re: The University Of Alabama

I don't usually say much and I'm sure my opinion is not worth a lot but I feel like Sue, the Bear would not like what Mal Moore and Paul,Jr. is doing to the football program. I like so many others felt like they should have gave Mike Shula at least one more year. Next year should have been a pretty good year for Mike, now somebody else will get the credit. I'm Auburn thru and blue but I have a lot of love and pride for Alabama. I'm only against them when they play each other. I think that is the way it should be. Oh well, I'm just an ex-coaches wife that has been through hell and back. One week they love you, the next week they hate you. If their kid gets to play they sit with you, invite you to dinner etc. etc. but let the coach put their kid on the beach and they don't ever know you anymore. You have to have a thick skin or either work in the concession stand. Me, I sold a lot of hotdogs. It will be interesting to watch to see who grabs the golden ring. He want have any right to feel special because so many have turned it down, just a lady's opinion......Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: The University Of Alabama

All these problems go back to Joab Thomas, the UA President when Bobby Bowden was interested in the Bama coaching job. His and the AU Board's arrogance cost them the chance to hire Bowden. They insisted he go through an interview process with all the members of the board, etc. Bowden felt insulted and went back to FSU. Who did Alabama get? Joab Thomas drove to Atlanta and offered Bill Curry the job WITHOUT ANY INTERVIEWS! If Alabama had hired Bowden, there would probably be several more National Championships for Bama fans to celebrate. Stupidity knows no boundaries...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The University Of Alabama

Well said Cubby, sounds like you've kept up with Bama for a long time.....Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The University Of Alabama

I heard Gene Stallings on the Finebaum radio show and it sounded to me like Gene was campaigning for his old job back.... maybe they will give Gene Stallings another shot at it....... he said he would either be interested in the job or in helping out while they found a permanent coach.....

This is likely not going to happen since the problem between Mal Moore and Gene hasn't been resolved.

Purv

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The University Of Alabama

The story I heard was Bama was trailing Mississippi State at halftime and Mal Moore came in the Tide's dressing room and told Stallings that unless Bama pulled the game out, he (Stallings) would be out of a job. I heard he did it in front of the Bama squad. That may not be all true, but when you hear a story a few times the same way, there has to be some part of it true. It was kind of strange that Stallings 'stepped down' at the end of that year. I will ask Jim Cunningham the next time I see him or talk with him. I guarantee he will know the story behind the story...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The University Of Alabama

How many of you have heard of Joe Kines, he played at Jacksonville State and coached there also.He coached with Charley Pell at Clemson,Arkansaw(sp)and Florida.He has coached at Alabama for several years as their top def. coach.I had several classes with him while we were there working on our Masters program. He is one find coach and friend. Before they look away, check on Joe. ED