The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A little bird told me...

God really does some strange stuff. The other day, as I sat in my rocker on the porch looking at the mound in the corner of the garden where I'd just buried Miss Spicey, the Shi-Zu mama dog that I loved SO much, and crying like the sad, old fool that I am, a mockingbird paid me a visit. The bird hopped around in front of me within three feet, just looking me over as I talked, asking if she'd like some water or a place to roost for the night, and just all sorts of stuff --- for at LEAST five minutes. NEVER has anything like that happened to me before.

Anyway, somehow, I know now it's okay with Miss Spicey, because "a little bird told me."

And that's a fact.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas. God bless everyone!

Love,
Jimmy

...and Miss Spicey:

Re: A little bird told me...

Jimmy , I've been there and will be again. There's a lot of happiness and joy that pets(family members) bring.Your in our thoughts and prayers my friend.
DD

Re: A little bird told me...

Jimmy, such a beautiful dog. I know she brought you and Winnie many hours of happiness. They become part of the family and it is so hard to give them up. God bless you and Winnie. It takes a big man to have that tender of a heart.........Trish & Ed

Re: Re: A little bird told me...

Jimmy, I know how you feel, mine got ran over in April and I'am still not over it. Sometime I go to her grave in the back yard and sit down and cry my eyes out. I have had dogs all my life, but she was my baby. She would ride with me when I cut grass,I could crank that lawn mower up and she would come running. The noise when that car hit her is what bothered me so much, when I heard it I knew it was her. Well that is enough of my sorrow, I'am just sorry that you lost your baby too. Maybe you can take it better than I have. I know she will be missed. Paul

Re: Re: Re: A little bird told me...

Paul, the thing that STILL tears me up is that, as Miss Spicey lay in her bed dying, too weak to raise her head or open her eyes, she still wagged her tail at the sound of my voice. Humans can't even really imagine such love, while a beautiful angel like Miss Spicey is just MADE of it! I miss her SO much!

For Ed and Trish

Thanks so much for the call. I was sitting out there in my rocker again when Winnie brought me the phone and said it was you. Good to know that other folks feel the same way about their pets.

Ed, like I said, it's terrific to hear from you anytime, even if it's only a word or two. And you can always get Trish to do the keyboard stuff for you. Heck, you got a GOOD-lookin' secretary right there. LOL

Take care,
Jimmy