General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To our little 4 legged family member...

RIP Lily,

Although you left only an hour ago, we miss you already. At least your pain and discomfort is over. From a scared stray in Alabama, to an independent little fireball honoring us with your friendship here in Florida, you'll join the other four legged family in our memories.

Your adoptive parents,
Chuck & Jenny

Re: To our little 4 legged family member...

They do become family, don't they. I feel for you both.

Horace

Thanks cuz,

Still think of her everyday, but not all day like I did a couple of days ago. Keeping busy helps.

Chuck I can feel the pain.
I had a golden lab when I moved to Ga. Charlotte stayed at home for our kids to finish high school.
Smokey was his name and I never went to bed that he wasn't at the foot of the bed.
When I went back home on the week ends,of course Smokey went.
I always stopped in Center Al. and got a ice cream cone at a dairy queen and I always got smokey a cup of ice cream.
One day the lady that fixed the ice cream for me ask one day. what do you do with the other ice cream you get. I ask her if she would look in my car and she had never seen anything like this
From then own every time I stopped she always gave me a cup for Smokey
A long story,but worth sharing.
A true love story.
Know how you feel.
Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy,

We used to do the same thing with another of our family members. Jasmine would go to Sylacauga with us to visit my mother and she would get her cup when we always got our cone at the Dairy Queen near Ozark. The folks there would crowd up to the drive thru window to watch her wait patiently for her cup. She never barked or whined, just sat quietly watching closely and waiting her turn. I could tell tales about all of them, but even these years later, it hurts.

Take care,
Chuck