General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another Comer boy

So sorry to learn that Horace. I had sent that obit to some of our classmates yesterday but then forgot to post it here.

Badie Black Jr.
Obituary

Funeral service for Badie Black Jr., age 70, of Sylacauga will be Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 11AM at The Sanctuary with the Rev. Jimmy Dale Abrams officiating. Burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery. Visitation will be on Friday, September 2, 2016 at Curtis and Son North Chapel from 530-8PM. Mr. Black was retired from Avondale Mills and was a volunteer coach at B.B. Comer school for 25 years. He is survived by his wife: Pam Black; son: Shane Black (Angela); Brother: Doug Black; sister: Pat Bierley; grandchildren: Isabelle, Maggie and Tucker Black and father and mother-in-law: Johnny and Frances White. Pallbearers will be Josh Hawthorne, Nic Rawson, Steve Peoples, Phillip Black, B.J. Rawson, and Aric Murchinson. Honorary pallbearers will be Bobby Overton, Larry White, Ty Cobb, Alvin Grayson and Demetris Lawson Jr. Online condolences can be made at www.curtisandsonfh.com Curtis and Son North Chapel will direct the services.
Published in The Daily Home on Sept. 2, 2016

Junior Black was a '64 graduate and classmate of mine. I had been told that he was in poor health. I've not seen Jr in a few years, but he was always a jovial, home town, Sylacauga man. May his family be comforted with his memories and may you Rest In Peace, Junior. You will be missed. The Class of '64 mourns your passing.

Re: Another Comer boy

Junior lived on Avondale Circle for years and worked at the mill in the inspecting dept. I was told that Jr. had moved to Lake Martin to look after some property for a land owner and had done this for several years.
The property on the Circle is still vacant.