General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Holding my nose

Before we go I want to tell Don that he can let go of his nose and take a deep breath. America lives on. May no longer be what we all loved, respected and sacrificed for but it is our America, she didn't take it away from us. And they BOTH are out of our lives. They can no longer use the Gov and our taxes to enrich themselves. Still they don't call him Slick Willie for nothing.

Horace

I'm now making lemonade out of the lemons. I have great expectations that Alabama will be a part of the Trump Cabinet...Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions.

My respect for Sessions is great,he could be the breathe of fresh air I need.
Other mention of cabinet members is encouraging,too.

Yep I know that, Sessions is one of the smartest men in the Senate. I am afraid of what might happen if he leaves. Bentley might appoint himself to fill the seat or maybe that Supreme Court guy who keeps getting kicked off the court.

Horace

President would appoint a U.S. Senate replacement for Sessions.

Bentley would remain the "Public Affairs" Gov. of the state.

The "court guy" you mentioned will be too busy speaking in mega churches for mega bucks.

Are you sure about the Pres appointing Sessions replacement? When Tim Scott went into the Senate replacing a retiring Senator Jim//can't recall last name, Nicki Haley appointed Scott. It is messy he has to stand for re-election twice before it is permanent.

Horace

You may very well be right. Some of the powers in Alabama think otherwise.
And,I think you are right again..it can be a messy process.

Still...I think if Sessions is named a cabinet member,he will be the one to make the recommendation to the Gov. or Pres. Maybe not.

Still holding out hopes for Luther Strange being named to replace Sessions and Bill Pryor being named a Supreme Court Justice. You might remember Pryor as replacement for Sessions as Alabama Attorney General when Sessions went to the Senate.

Boys about the only thing I remember about Alabama politics was Jim Folsom and George Wallace.

How about Gordon Persons??

"Big Jim" & Mr. Lurleen!

I was too young to vote, but well remember the fray.

Take care,
Chuck

I can't talk about Gordon he was my cousin.