General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: wow

I don't know it's you, me, Chuck and Jimmy. Where's my shovel? Quoting our Pres. "SAD'

Horace

Your collective question about "we" is almost surely an individual one. I appreciate and encourage participation, but I hold the plug and will pull it when I've reached my limit. I hope y'all hang around and invite others, but I have a "hard to explain" conviction to continue to fulfill a request from several friends.
I realize this isn't a very entertaining forum, as it used to be, and I realize we have lost participants, for several reasons, but I see getting involved as the best cure for this malady.
I apologize for my lax moderation, but I will strive to do better. How about you?

To misquote, "The reports of the forums death have been greatly exaggerated"

Please help fix it, it's a cheap, easy connection with Sylacauga folks that we all know or wish we did.

Been spending time and funds on a HS graduation/ Birthday vehicle for # 2 grandson lately. He's 19, working part time and attending a local college.

Take care all,
Chuck Jones

I really appreciate the time you have and continue to put into this. I think all that has been said was more of an effort to entice others to join than to speak ill of your work. Thanks a million cuz and I do hope upon hope that others will renew there interest and perhaps others to come "aboard". I know there are some old "swabs" out there who have participated in the past but we never hear from them any more.

Horace

Horace
I really appreciate the time you have and continue to put into this. I think all that has been said was more of an effort to entice others to join than to speak ill of your work. Thanks a million cuz and I do hope upon hope that others will renew there interest and perhaps others to come "aboard". I know there are some old "swabs" out there who have participated in the past but we never hear from them any more.

Horace

I think Horace said it well! My best hopes for this Forum is that it could have a "GREAT GETTIN UP MORNIN"..coming to life once again.

Let's try once again to include some old folks...

1. How many years did you attend B.B. Comer? What years?

2. I started in on end of the building in the first grade and left at the other end of the building graduating from the 12th grade. Can you make that claim?

3. At B.B. Comer..who was known for saying often, "You're rockin' the boat"?

4. Who was your 3rd grade teacher? Mine was Mrs. Porch.

5. Who was Mr. Vaughn?

6. Mr. Creel,principal was a (JEW) (CHOTAW) (REPUBLICAN)?

7. Jewel Lackey was a Male or Female teacher at B.B. Comer?

8. Who was Little Paul?

9. What was Dairy Land?

10. Name the B.B. C. Band director that drove a HUDSON car.

11. Scrouge Alley was a Bowling Alley in Sylacauga...TRUE...or FALSE.

12. What is "Chuck" Jones' real name?

1-12yrs 2-same here 3-Mr. Mc 4-same here 5-Mrs Anne Vaughn's history teaching hubby 6-Choctaw ( Probably also Dem since they were republicans in those days 7-Male
8-Greek café owner at Busy Corner 9-Where I lived for about 5 years btween 8 and 12 yrs of age and received my sex education 10-Not sure but guessing Stanley Shaver Not sure of that spelling but checked the 49 Annual and that's how they spelled it but they always got a lot of names wrong. 11- False 12- "Cuz" to me but to others Charles or Charlie

Howd I do?

Horace

H.E.
You did GREAT.
Band Director at BBC that owned a HUDSON automobile was Mr. Lotspeich(SP).
You may remember that since the floor of the Hudson was lower that the door opening...their slogan was "STEP DOWN INTO A HUDSON".

Also, if you needed to make a quick getaway from a situation...step down into your Hudson and get out of Dodge, fast!

I look forward to others posting some unimportant facts and have fun with it.

P.S.

GET RID OF ROY MOORE AS A CANDIDATE AND MAKE ALABAMA SANE AGAIN!

Lotspeich apparently couldn't find his keys when he and a couple of female teachers needed to make a quick getaway when Mr. Mc caught them in a Birmingham hotel room conducting a threefer. We never saw anyone of the trio again. I well remember the names of the "ladies" but I will let them RIP. It was a shocker to say the least bringing AEA to a new low level.

Horace

The things you learn, if you just pay attention!

CHUCK:

Horace and I,both are full of it!

Just give us a chance to tell it.

This guy has brought Alabama to a new low. I must say though that the "R" rated show that Gloria Allred put together the other day was pretty hard to swallow. If the woman has a story to tell, let her TELL it not read some Hollywood written script and hire her an acting coach. Having said that, If what she read is true my heart is broken for her. I hope she hasn't been used.

Horace