General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Kin

I don't see anyone related to me in your lists, but most of the Jones clan from Coosa, Chilton, and Sylacauga area are kin on my Dad's side. Henderson, Bentley, Goggins, Songer, Austin, & Huddleston are the married names of my Dad's sisters. They all lived in and around the area at times. My mom's side of the family, Coffey, was from north Alabama and her brothers never settled in Sylacauga for very long. Her sisters married Johnson, Horton, and Mitchell and made their homes in Sylacauga. My Dad was born in '13 and my Mom in '22, so the 30's and 40's were when they were settling in the area. My Mom's and Dad's generation of siblings are gone now and I've been away since '64, so I don't have close contact with very many of my generation and almost none of my kid's and grandkid's generation. We don't gather together as a family group as we did in the 50's and 60's when frequent mail and occasional phone calls was the method of communications. My Dad died in '79. He never knew email, cell phone nor satellite as communication mediums. Back then, they had state of the art cordless phone to keep from running from the garden to the house when I called from the UK!

Tempus fugit

If Larry's grandfather was Doc Sumners, then his father was Wilmont Sumners and his mom was Arlene Manning Sumners from Creek Street across from Key Dye Ditch.

Horace

Sorry about the double post.

HE

H.E.

Sidney Summers is the father of the Larry Sumners I am related to. Doc Sumners was this Larry's uncle.

This Larry Sumners and Pete Sumners were first cousins.

Sidney Sumners was also Lee Sumners' youngest brother.

And, the one on the left is on the right and the one on the right is on the left and the one in the back burned his wife's bra!!

Well anyway glad the good old SUMNERTIME is over and fall is a little cooler.

Horace

Not over down here in Lower Alabama yet!