General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hurricane Michael

Well, here we are. No one's hurt, but nothing's normal. Guess this is our new normal. My county, community, street, and property is unrecognizable. We now are off generators, have power 13 days without, we have water, but must boil before use. our house has a huge sycamore on the kitchen roof and also on the roof of my son's house next door. Another big tree down in the front as well as two other smaller trees on my property. My chimney was knocked away from the house, dumping ~500 bricks into the living room onto mantle, furniture, and TV/stereo gear. We have tarps on the roof and covering a hole of about 50 sq ft in the living room wall. But, once again, no injuries here or next door. I'll post some pix when we get real internet access and reliable phone service. We are from Alabama, so we'll survive, but may be some time before we thrive!

Chuck, Jenny, and the Jones clan.

Wow what a story. So much might and power from the storm, so much damage to house and property and Thank God all of you came through unhurt. Keep in touch.

Horace aka Cuz

Still here, still moving forward. Boil water notice lifted but lost power last night for about 10 hours. Heavy rain, possible thunderstorms forecast for Thursday. Hope to get temp repairs done, but having no luck so far.

Still here, still making progress. We now have a 40' conex in the yard. We are using it as temp storage to store things salvaged from shop and shed as well as things from the house in anticipation of repairs. Insurance cut checks for less than half of true repair/replacement costs. Next step is mold inspection and testing, professional adjuster and/or lawyer. We have stable power, water, gas and postal/delivery services. Reliable local General contractors are scarce/unavailable. Still no cable, internet service and debris, trash is not yet picked up from yards and right of ways. We are hopeful and most days able to cope, but this wasn't what we thought our 70's would hold for us!

Take care all and thanks for all your thoughts,
Chuck, Jenny and the rest of the clan.

Boy o boy I can't imagine what that is like. I have two other cousins who live near Mobile a Dallas area who still own their late parents homes in PC. Don't know if they've been able to check on the houses or not. Praying for you cuz.

Horace

Quick Note: After 66 days, internet access!

The Jones Clan

good deal cuz and now there are 3 maybe four if Cubby pokes his head in.

he