General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I Saw An Old Classmate Today

Well I'll be doggone. The last time I saw him was around 1955, we were driving from Sylacauga back to Birmingham and my mother wanted to stop at a little candy shop somewhere around Harpersville. She said they sold great divinity and she wanted some. I told her I had all she needed but that didn't work. So I pulled in and guess who was running that place. You got it Horace Van Farris. We had a great reunion for about 15 minutes, no poetry that I recall.

Horace

That candy shop was SAXON'S

I think Chubby is right,H.E.
The last time you were with us...we ate breakfast at Mama Ree's.
That was once Saxon Candy Kitchen in the same building..just over the mountain between Sylacauga and Childersburg.

Could be. I'm too old to dispute Cubby's history recall. I my minds eye as the saying goes I saw it on the other side of the river. But I am satisfied unless you want to HVF again and listen to more poetry while yo try to determine where the candy shop was located....good luck with that.

HE

The one I was talking about WAS on the other side of the river, around Harpersville....

Cubby
The one I was talking about WAS on the other side of the river, around Harpersville....
That's settled

Horace