General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For Chuck

Another OBTW … did you ever meet Uncle Henry? He was the youngest of the Jones boys and I think maybe in the family. I can only remember meeting him one time. He seemed to be a lot younger than my grandfather. A real lively fun lover as I remember. He joked and laughed a lot. I am sorry that I did not have any other occasions to spend time with him. There is or used to be a dirt road, kind of a short cut to Clanton from hiway 22 a few miles above the Mitchell dam road. It came out right near where I65 crosses what used to be called Higgins Ferry Rd. It now has a county road number and is the main road to Lake Mitchell. Anyway Uncle Henry lived on that road between the Corinth area and the Concord/Walnut Creek area.
I tried plowing with a mule a few times. They were very instrumental in shaping my future almost as much as working two years in the cotton mill. Ramble Ramble
Hope that isn't too confusing.

HE

I do recall the name, Uncle Henry. I don't think we ever met. If we did, I was too young to remember. I knew Uncle Calvin and Uncle Alpheus, any of the others I may have met, but didn't get to know them. I really should get back into our roots thing. When we ever get past our recovery mode, now that I've retired, maybe I can do that.
You should come this way and we'll head for Chilton Co. for a few days.

You must have met uncle Arthur. He was Gene's father. Gene lived in the original Jones home 100 yards or so from uncle Calvin. I didn't realize his house had once been the house that I remembered when our great grandmother died. She was 94 and her name I believe was Lucinda. I was in the 4th grade when she passed away. Our family went down there. Gene had radically change the appearance over the years. He had a daughter named Patsy who also lived with them and eventually built her own house. Uncle Arthur was also the father of the young girl Ruth who died from polio. If I am not mistaken uncle Alpheus was the father of Dora Forbus. Boy I would love to spend some time there just roaming around. Don't know how I can make that happen.

he

Well cuz,

You wrote, "Boy I would love to spend some time there just roaming around. Don't know how I can make that happen."

I have a solution. Take a look at your GPS destinations from 24 Dec, 2017 and Thanksgiving Nov, 2018. Just adjust your setting to a destination 100 miles or so to the west and stop in Sylacauga. Let me know the date a few days in advance and I'll meet you in Sylacauga and we'll "make that happen". We will never get to do that any younger than we are today!

See you soon,
Cuz