The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ollan Horton

I've just finished reading the obituary for Ollan Horton. Ollan was a dear friend when we were growing up at BB Comer and Mignon Baptist Church. We shared a lot of great times together and with other class mates and church friends. I know his family will miss him terribly and my heart aches. May God give you all grace and peace as you go through this difficult time.

Horace

Re: Ollan Horton

Sorry to learn that sad news Cuz. I didn't know Mr. Horton, but I did read that a '64 B.B. Comer classmate of mine's mother passed away a few days ago at 95 years old. Seems as if every time I remember to check the obits, I read sad news.

Re: Ollan Horton

Something you may not have know about Ollan.

In either 7th or 8th grade our fathers agreed that Ollan and I could make a trade.

I would trade a type of motor bike,called a safety cycle, to Ollan for a 20 gauge double barrel shotgun.

What's more weird in today's world...we made the trade on the school grounds of B.B. Comer High School.

We talked with Becky (Childress) Ellis in Sylacauga Walmart not many days ago..she told us about Ollan's illness.

My best line for Ollan..he was a contender!