General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Uncle Remus Candy

I do remember this candy. It was sold in a small southern town at the Feed and Grain store. I would go in there with my granddaddy and Uncle Remus candy was what I always got from the glass-fronted candy counter. Loved that stuff. Wish I could find it now! As you can see it's 15 yrs after your post. Was googling and this was the only hit I had on the subject.

Hi Wanda,

Thanks for visiting. Please join any of our posts. Most of us are local to or from Sylacauga, but we welcome all to jump in at anytime. We are staying home and "social distancing" near Panama City. Waiting for this mess to clear up to get back home for a few days.

Cuz. I think this is the HOME on social distancing taken to new heights. HE

Hey Cuz, hope you & yours are safe and well. Seems as if we are "old hands" at this new normal, social distancing. We are maintaining here. I so glad that we aren't going through this while still in the workforce! So far, we haven't heard of any family caught up in this mess.

Please take care,
Chuck & Jenny

I have an Uncle Remus Kisses candy wrapper. Do either of ya’ll know the timeframe that the candy existed?

I ate (and loved) Uncle Remus Kisses as a toddler. They were sold on the Centerville Public Square (here in Tennessee,Lol!), at Liberty Pharmacy. I wasn't but about 3 years old, but I was a wrapper peeling kid! I was born in 1960. I remember watching TV when JFK was first shot, then the announcement of his death. My mother cried.