FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Things I found out this weekend...

Simon Gunney and I have just been to the Oldtimer Markt (like a German Beaulieu) in Mannheim with a stopoff in Eindhoven to pick up a car on the way back. We took and empty trailer to Eindhoven, left it with the car and drove to Mannheim then picked up the car/trailer on the way back. On the way down we discovered...

1. After you've been held up at Antwerp in a two hour traffic jam, a Mercedes W124 280E will tow an empty car trailer at 90 mph+

2. The speed limit in Holland for a car towing a trailer is 50 mph.

3. Dutch Policemen drive unmarked black Golfs and speak impeccable English.

4. They also carry camera crews with them so they can record Mr Gunney handing over a World Record 380 Euro fine.

5. Mr Gunney can swear quite fluently when under stress.

6. There's a Dutch reality TV show called "Road Abusers" (!) on which we will be making a guest appearance soon.

I've been promised a tape of this by our customer in Holland...

Re: Things I found out this weekend...

Excellent! Shame it wasn't in a Fiat, but we can't have everything I suppose!!

Could we sell copies to raise Club funds?

Gavin.

as one never drive,s faster then 55 mph!....( dont want to wake the spider in the rev counter!)could you ask for copy write on the TV part of the "Police event?"!

Did you know that the Garmin website has different "vehicle" icons for your Nuvi.

Here's the one we used for our "Rhubarb" on the weekend.

Appropriate I thought.

We've been on the telly!

Linky link-

http://www.sbs6.nl/web/show/id=125661/langid=43/media=40294/page=1

Class - thanks for that! You need to move to about 33 mins to get Simon by the way.

I particularly liked the refusal to say how much cash you had - good move

Gavin.

Cant beleive they asked how much money you had - theiving scumbags !!! You did well to keep your cool there, did they ask permission if they could film you, or do they just film you - i've always wondered that with programes like that.
That was a bit of tough luck - but you did get almost 7 minutes air time on tv !!! A good contribution to your 15 minutes of fame !!

They just filmed us (the point where Simon daid "What's with the f*****g camera?" got edited out). After we'd been robbed, the cameraman asked us if it was ok to use the footage.

thats so bad..................................

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos